Chasing and Repousse Collection
Price as configured: $60.00
Explore the ancient technique of chasing & repoussé with this collection that also includes a Fretz Designs Chasing Hammer!
Chasing and repoussé is an ancient jewelry-making technique that allows you to work a flat sheet of metal from the front (chasing) and the back (repoussé) essentially creating peaks and valleys in your metal. With this collection you will be able to take this ancient technique to the 21st century as you learn the technique that will spark inspiration for your own modern designs. Learn how to chase and repoussé with or without pitch through the videos, articles, and project downloads curated in this collection. Plus, you will also receive a high quality HMR-17 chasing Hammer from Fretz Designs.
See what's included in this collection:
Fretz Designs HMR-17 Chasing Hammer
This chasing hammer is of medium weight, features balance, a pistol grip hammer and modern design
Air Chasing with a Vise with Kim St. Jean
Join metalsmith Kim St. Jean and learn about air chasing, a form of fold forming that allows you to create custom shapes and forms out of metal sheet. Start with copper sheet and learn how to anneal, fold, and begin chasing! Kim will show you how to produce lively and organic textures. Explore the wonderful world of chasing without the expensive investment-all you need is a vise, hammer, and a few dapping punches. With these expert tips you will be able to skip the pitch and start chasing with air.
Chasing Made Easy: Form a Perfect Metal Leaf Without Pitch
HD Video Download
Join Janice Berkebile and learn the steps you need to successfully chase metal in this Step by Step Wire Jewelry video short. Go in depth with jewelry chasing techniques and form a three-dimensional leaf design. Through the course of this short video, a piece of metal is transformed into a beautiful leaf that can be used in a variety of ways. Discover this must-have jewelry chasing video perfect for jewelry artists looking to boost their skills in metalwork.
Lapidary Journal Jewelry Artist, August 2012
Discover the basics for successful metal-chasing techniques using pitch. Whether it is your first time or you are a pro, these are the tips you need to know! Then, practice your newfound skills and put them to work with a stunning cuff bracelet project. Also in this issue: how artists are using classic techniques and reinventing them with a modern edge, alternative gem materials, setting a boar tusk in a pendant, and much more.
Copper Chased Pendant by Tom & Kay Benham
Gunslinger Belt Buckle by Roger Halas
Primitive Copper Mask Pendant by Tom & Kay Benham
3-D Mermaid Pendant by Tom & Kay Benham
Chased Dragon Link by Linda Ricci
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.