Chain Style: 50 Contemporary Jewelry Designs
Chain is fast, fun, and affordable.
Popular beading magazines are featuring projects incorporating chain, and designs range from classic to vintage to steampunk. Chain Style expands on this hot trend by offering 50 creative ideas for how to use chain as the key design feature.
Chain is fast, fun, and affordable.
Popular beading magazines are featuring projects incorporating chain, and the designs range from classic to vintage to steampunk. Chain Style expands on this hot trend by offering 50 creative ideas for how to use chain as the key design feature.
- Learn how to stretch your beading materials by incorporating chain in your design.
- The tools and materials are easy to obtain, and the techniques used are suitable for beginners.
- Techniques include opening and closing jump rings, cutting chain, oxidizing and hammering the chain to create texture and variety plus creating wire-wrapped loops and jump rings.
- 50 designs by top jewelry artists including Jane Dickerson, Kerry Bogert, Denise Peck, Yvonne Irvin, Leslie Rogalski, Lorelei Eurto, Melanie Brooks, and more.
Jane Dickerson, editor of Step by Step and Creative Jewelrymagazines, offers a step-by-step guide to making easy, stylish, and contemporary bracelets and necklaces incorporating chain as a key element of the design. With 50 fabulous projects, there is a wide variety of design styles to choose from, plus lots or inspiring ideas for using chain creatively.
Designing with chain is fast, fun, and affordable. A few special beads connected together with chain will make a fabulous necklace in minutes!
|Number Of Pages||128|
- Just okay
- Let me say upfront I'm not a big lover of mainly chain-like jewelry. I used to be, just grew into other designs. This book taught me very little I didn't already know. I've been making jewelry for 3 years full-time. I saw a few different ideas but not worth the price of the book. If you are new to jewelry and like this sort of design, then I do recommend this book; however, for me, at my level it wasn't interesting. I would like to return it. (Posted on 1/7/2014)
- very stylish!
- This is a very useful book if you like chains. The 1st section shows you the basics like how to make simple loops and jump rings. A lot of the necklace designs can be used to make matching bracelets. All of the designs are interesting and very wearable. You could use leftover beads from other necklaces to make these designs your own. So if you enjoy wearing chains, this is the book for you! (Posted on 1/5/2014)
- Outside the Box Thinking
- I have never used much chain in my work because the idea of creating a focal and hanging it off a piece of purchased chain never interested me much. This book showed me what I've been missing! Great projects and so many techniques to integrate into your tool box! (Posted on 10/8/2013)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.