Carry Me 20 Boutique Bags to Sew
Carry Me showcases the unique design sensibility and clever projects captured in Japanese craft books with 20 handbags featuring clever construction, unique details, and simple sewing techniques.
Carry Me showcases the unique design sensibility and clever projects captured in Japanese craft books with 20 handbags featuring clever construction, unique details, and simple sewing techniques. Sophisticated photography shows off each bag to the fullest, with helpful detail shots of closures, handles, linings, and design details. Readers will find a variety of bag styles including a wool tweed travel bag perfect for a weekend getaway, a stylish denim bag with grommet and zipper details, a roomy tote bag with contrast lining and inside pockets, a laptop bag featuring a unique patchwork design, a striped book bag with matching book cover project, a wool messenger bag with flower detail, a soft luggage tote with inside compartments and luggage tag, plus much more. Each project offers detailed instructions, step-by-step illustrations, and easy-to-follow construction diagrams. A section on tips and techniques shows how to give each bag a professional look and add embellishments.
Matching companion projects such as change purses, drawstring bags and wristlets, give crafters lots of variation ideas on each bag. A pull-out pattern section bound inside the book makes it handy to create all of the projects easily. Perfect for beginning and experienced sewers alike, this book will inspire you to start sewing your own handbags right away!
|Number Of Pages||112|
- Great Photos & Designs
- I love this book & hope to make most of the bags. I made 5 of the market tote bags, with Inkle band handles for xmas presents, which are so far well received. My only complaint is that the type size was so small on the pattern pages. I needed a magnifier to read some correctly. The directions are split up strangely as well, requiring a search for correct dimensions. My bags turned out more "unique" than not, probably a good thing! (Posted on 12/28/2010)
- sophisticated, elegant and fashionable bags
- If you want to make bags with a sophisticated, elegant and fashionable edge then you''ll love this book. A refreshing change from the overly cute, trendy, boring make your own bag styles that have become popular in the last few years this book shows you how to create gorgeous boutique style bags. The Winter Tweed Boston bag has a snap frame closure and leather handle along with coordinating small purse making it perfect for a weekend trip. I love the clean, unobtrusive shape of the market day canvas tote, and the Cabana tote bag. You''ll also find a messenger bag, urban travel trunk and laptop bag pattern as well as patterns for everyday use bags such as the shoulder bag, wayfarer denim tote with coordinating zippered clutch and the Left Bank Granny bag with coordinating drawstring day bag. Just about all of the bag projects have a coordinating smaller project making the 20 projects that the book is named for much higher. The circle pochette bag that accompanies the business class laptop bag certainly can stand on it''s own as a bag project and you''ll probably end up making several of the book covers that go with the Cabana Tote bag. It''s the special touches that set these bag designs apart from the ones you typically find. Leather straps, eyelets, tassles on the zipper pulls, fabric covered buttons, purse feet, adjustable straps, and twist lock fasteners all give these bag designs an upscale, chic look. Another nice touch are the full sized pull out patterns included with the book. You''ll also find a tips and techniques section that will help you achieve professional polished results which each bag you make. Each project includes information about the fabric used as well a full materials list and finished project size. (Posted on 10/6/2009)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.