Card Wool for Color: How to Spin Gradients, Ombres, Fractals, and Self-Striping Yarns with Esther Rodgers Video Download
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
Color in your control
Spinning yarns with color repeats is a joy-but buying fiber dyed to spin stripes can be expensive. In Card Wool for Color, Esther Rodgers shows you how to make your own striping, ombre, and fractal colorways. From solid-colored top to multicolored yarns, this video leads you step-by-step through the process of spinning the colorful yarn of your dreams.
In nearly 90 minutes of instruction you will learn to:
- Use a drum carder, blending board, and hackle
- Choose and place colors for ombre, gradient, and fractal yarns
- Make batts, rolags, roving, and top
- Ply yarns three ways for sharp color transitions, diffused patterns of color, and gentle color transitions
Choose your very own colorways and bring them to life with a few easyto- master techniques!
Watch a Preview Now:
About the Host:
Esther Rodgers is a writer, teacher, and fiber artist whose business is known as Jazzturtle. She began her spinning career exploring the world of texture and art spinning and merging it with function. She has taught classes all over the world and makes her home in North Carolina.
|Product Type||Video Download|
- What an awesome vidoe - if you want to make blend your own colors your should buy this
- Loved it!
- It was lovely to see another person's way of blending and spinning and having the expected results explained so clearly. Esther also demonstrates the difference between ombre and gradient progressions, something which is obvious but not always understood. It isn't a long video but is jam-packed with useful information and so many tips on how to achieve the result one is hoping for - the lack of waffle is much appreciated. (Posted on 9/1/2016)
- Very interesting, inspiring and excellent info
- Content not seen anywhere else. Up to date and inspiring. Good pace with no boring bits (Posted on 8/26/2016)
- Very useful information
- This video is a delight. I bought it because I love working with colour and I love spinning and I wanted to put the two together. I also wanted to see how different types of equipment are used in blending, to help guide me in buying my 'start-up'. Esther's explanations are clear and well-paced, and her demonstrations of all the different ways to diz fibre off a drum carder, a blending board and a hackle are worth the price of the video by itself IMO. Very useful and very helpful; the ideas and techniques are simple (once Esther has explained them!) but the possibilities are literally endless. The explanations of how to spin up your beautifully blended fibre are another big plus. Highly recommended. (Posted on 5/30/2016)
- Love coming back and watching whenever I want
- There is a lot of information to learn here. I could have done a lot of trail and error, or just watch this video to see what actually works. I am glad I can come back if I have any questions. I cannot attend Esther's classes at Fiber Fest this year, so this is the next best thing. Esther has a calm way about her that is easy to listen to. I would recommend this video, and I will be watching her other videos. (Posted on 2/14/2016)
- I thoroughly enjoyed and learned a lot from this download. Highly recommend spinners, especially new spinners add this to their list (Posted on 1/23/2016)
- Excellent DVD
I really enjoyed watching this DVD from the beginning to the end. Esther explains in a way that it's easy to understand.
I highly recommend it !!! (Posted on 11/21/2015)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.