Card Wool for Color: How to Spin Gradients, Ombres, Fractals, and Self-Striping Yarns with Esther Rodgers DVD
Color in your control
Spinning yarns with color repeats is a joy-but buying fiber dyed to spin stripes can be expensive. In Card Wool for Color, Esther Rodgers shows you how to make your own striping, ombre, and fractal colorways. From solid-colored top to multicolored yarns, this video leads you step-by-step through the process of spinning the colorful yarn of your dreams.
In nearly 90 minutes of instruction you will learn to:
- Use a drum carder, blending board, and hackle
- Choose and place colors for ombre, gradient, and fractal yarns
- Make batts, rolags, roving, and top
- Ply yarns three ways for sharp color transitions, diffused patterns of color, and gentle color transitions
Choose your very own colorways and bring them to life with a few easyto- master techniques!
Watch a Preview Now:
About the Host:
Esther Rodgers is a writer, teacher, and fiber artist whose business is known as Jazzturtle. She began her spinning career exploring the world of texture and art spinning and merging it with function. She has taught classes all over the world and makes her home in North Carolina.
- Full of great how to info.
I really liked this video about how to card wool for color. Esther shows methods to card for different length of stripes in roving and examples of the results of the different ways to spin and ply.
If you would like to try a project with a cabled yarn, her instructions are very clear. Shown is one of her projects done in a cabled yarn to view her beautiful results. (Posted on 2/13/2016)
- great DVD about working with colored wool
Esther Rodgers gives great demonstrations with clear instruction on how to use various equipment & methods for blending colored wools for various results.
Esther's demo of chain plying is the best I have seen, explaining how to keep colors together by varying loop length.
Esther also demos other methods of spinning to get maximum beauty from your created fibers.
A DVD well worth adding to my spinning library& one I will watch again & again even once I have mastered everything in it taught by Esther Rodgers just for the pleasure of it. (Posted on 1/12/2016)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.