Cafe Bastille Cables Knitting Pattern Download
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
This elaborate-Looking cable sweater was designed to knit up quickly in a bulky yarn on big needles. It's unisex and couldn't be simpler to make (and wear): two cable patterns to remember, minimal shaping, and the front and back pieces are identical. The sweaters pictured here are worked in jewel colors, but the design would be equally appealing in sophisticated black or a misty mauve-any color you're in the mood for.
Finished Size: 40 (43, 46, 49, 52)" (101.5 [109, 117, 124.5, 132] cm) bust/chest circumference. Red sweater shown measures 43" (101.5 cm); purple sweater measures 49" (124.5 cm).
Yarn: Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride Bulky (85% wool, 15% mohair; 125 yd [114 m]/4 oz): 7 (7, 8, 9, 10) skeins. Shown in #M-80 blue blood red and #M-28 chianti (purple).
Yarn weight: #5 - Bulky
Gauge: 11 sts and 16 rows = 4" (10 cm) in seed st on larger needles.
Needles: Body and sleeves-Size 11 (8 mm): 24" (60-cm) circular (cir). Neck-Size 10 (7.5 mm): 16" (40-cm) cir. Adjust needle sizes if necessary to obtain the correct gauge.
Notions: Markers (m); cable needle (cn); stitch holders; tapestry needle.
Originally Published: Interweave Knits, Fall 2003
|Product Type||Pattern Download|
- First Cable Project!
- A Go-To Cable Pattern
There is no word in English to explain how much I live this pattern.
Started my second one yesterday. (Posted on 1/26/2015)
- Making Another
I knit this a few years ago from the magazine directions for one of my daughters. It was a fun knit, even though I goofed up one of the cables and didn't notice for awhile. Oh, well. I enjoyed knitting those cables so much I got to do more of them!
My recollection is that I knit front and back flat, but it's not like I never make mistakes. But still, unlike the other post, I didn't have problems with the pattern.
Now I'm wanting to knit one for me and one for my husband since we've purchased a small farm in Nebraska and are looking out at the first good snow of the season. I've given this pattern 5 stars since I've never forgotten it and have desired one for myself all these years. (Posted on 12/8/2013)
- all cable patterns are not adjusted to circular knitting
I have just spent entire Sunday on starting to knit this pullover only to learn that the pattern is all messed up and I just wasted my whole day.
This pullover is knitted on circular needles where you would always be knitting on right side. But all the pattern charts are written for alternating right and wrong sides as if you would be doing it in flat knitting style. I have trusted the directions thinking that maybe everything is accounted for in there, but ended up knitting a bunch of mess alternating those right and wrong sides. If you follow the directions it looks nothing like the picture. (Posted on 8/18/2013)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.