BurdaStyle Pattern Modification Technique Collection
This kit includes three instructional videos, a web seminar by Meg Healy on modifying pattern styles, and basic bodice and skirt patterns to get you started. With this kit, you can make any pattern into a knockout!
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
Ever come across a great-looking pattern, but it’s missing that one special design element that makes it perfect for YOU? This exclusive kit gives you all the tools you need— a full web seminar, three videos, and essential bodice and skirt patterns— to adapt a sewing pattern without compromising the style. Learn to move, combine, and eliminate darts, adjust bust size to fit your curves, add gathers, draft facings, and more. Once you know the basics of pattern making, you can adjust any design to fit and flatter.
See everything that’s inside…
Pattern Making: How to Modify Pattern Styles
In this web seminar recording, Meg Healy takes you through pattern making processes of adding and removing style lines, moving darts, and adding fullness. You’ll also learn to replace darts with pleats, add three kinds of pockets, alter a neckline, draft facings, and draft basic collars.
Technique Video: Adjusting the Bust Size of a Pattern
This video shows you how to decrease and increase the bust size of your bodice pattern. Learn to adjust the cup size down to an A or up to a DD without compromising the fit of the waist and shoulders.
Technique Video: Drafting Facings
Give your necklines and armholes a clean, professional finish by drafting your own facings.
Technique Video: Sewing the Perfect Dart
So much of garment fitting depends on darts. Learn to make yours smooth and even every time with this video by LoveSewing’s Denise Wild.
Sewing Pattern: the Essential Bodice
Practice dart techniques and adjusting the bust with this bodice pattern.
Sewing Pattern: the Essential Skirt
Practice gathers, pleats and pockets with this skirt pattern.
- Great value
- This kit gave me a lot of value for my dollars, and with the included bodice and skirt patterns, ideas are much easier to act on. I appreciate Meg's style, and found the pacing of the videos very good. I've done a lot of reading old pattern-making texts, and this set of videos has been helpful to visualize and summarize a lot of the knowledge I gleaned from those books, but in a much simpler and accessible way- thanks! (Posted on 11/28/2013)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.