Formal Wear: Sewing How-To and Sewing Pattern Kit
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
Have a formal wear occasion coming up, and want to impress with a dress that you made yourself? This kit contains 6 lovely women’s dresses and 1 classy men’s blazer sewing pattern. New to sewing formal wear? Not to worry, because this kit also includes 2 videos on how to sew 2 of these formal dress patterns from start to finish. The pattern styles included have a range of style silhouette and hem lengths so your options are open. Making formal wear can be intimidating, but also extremely rewarding when your project is complete.
See everything included in the kit below:
Hourglass Lace Gown
Create the illusion of a sheer dress and an exaggerated hourglass figure with this intricate dress. A mix of black crepe and luxurious lace creates magic with curving side panels, long sleeves, and a revealing neck and back. Bustier cups and ruching along the bodice finish the femme fatale look.
Long Sleeve Maxi Dress
Long sleeves balance out the plunging neckline and cinched waist of this beautiful silk gown. This timeless style ties at the back and looks stunning at formal events.
If he likes the casual look of an unbuttoned jacket, he’ll love this blazer. The single button closure and rounded lapels hang slightly open to give this jacket a modern look.
Hello princess! This style is a real fairy tale dress made from pearl pink shot taffeta. The wide skirt swings down below the fitted bodice with beautiful inverted pleats. A perfect dream for dancing…And another lovely little advantage is the dress camouflages broad hips.
Romantic Maxi Dress
Indulge in a romantic dress with a flowing full skirt. This piece has a revealing sweetheart neckline with fluttery cap sleeves and a slim bodice. You’ll look and feel like a princess!
Spaghetti Strap Party Dress and Over Dress
Flirt the night away in this sassy little party dress with both under and over dress. Stretch duchesse cut on the bias hugs every curve, and the pointed corset top flatters your bust and shoulders. It’s the perfect dress for all occasions! Sew the overdress is a sheer fabric to let the under dress shine through.
This lovely dress features a draped back, shoulder ribbon ties, and is made in a luxurious velvet. You could even lengthen the hemline to the floor for a dress fit for a fancy gala. Or you could make it in a floral print for a more casual day-dress.
Long Sleeve Maxi Dress How-To Sewing Video
In this video, sewing instructor Becky Mackinnon will teach you how to sew the gorgeous BurdaStyle Long Sleeve Maxi Dress from start to finish. This empire style dress is both universally flattering and unique, nipping in at the waist with crossover ties to create a stunning silhouette.
Romantic Maxi Dress How-To Sewing Video
IIn this video, Becky MacKinnon will guide you through each step of the construction of BurdaStyle’s Romantic Maxi Dress. Throughout the sewing process, you’ll learn a number of valuable dressmaking skills and finish with your very own unforgettable summer dress!
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.