Building Blocks of Spinning DVD
Spin the Yarn You Want!
Spin-Off Presents: Building Blocks of Spinning with Sarah Anderson
Spinning is a craft that can be learned in hours, yet has infinite possibilities to be explored over a lifetime. In this video, Sarah Anderson teaches the building blocks you need for a lifetime of successful spinning—twist, draft, and control—and takes us on a tour of the yarn universe to see what you can create. You’ll learn:
- The secrets of twist, the “glue” that holds yarn together
- Techniques and fiber preparation for worsted and woolen spinning
- Tips and techniques for spinning short fibers such as cotton
- Basic balanced plying, chain (Navajo) plying, and troubleshooting
- Spiral, cable, crepe, boucle, and other novelty yarns
- Dos and don'ts of yarn finishing
Every technique and concept is explained clearly and simply in Sarah’s inimitable, enthusiastic style with video that lets you see all the action in amazing detail. Topics are presented in easy-to-find chapters so you can reference them again and again over your spinning career.
Everything you need is here! Join Sarah on a journey of fiber discovery and creativity that will enrich your spinning for years to come with this 237-minute spinning workshop!
- So Complete!
- I will agree with Bethane! This video is so great! Complete, S. Anderson is a great teacher, her voice is smooth and nice to hear , her techniques are so well explained I even was able to master Navajo ply to perfection. I am amazed on how easy she makes every technique, from slub yarn to boucle and more, some i never heard of before too and i spin for 4 years! With that dvd , I have no need for much more.... I purchase other about color work and prep but thats about it , This is THE complete one!!! (Posted on 4/3/2016)
- Highly Recommend for New and Seasoned Spinners
I was a bit shocked that no one has reviewed this incredible DVD. I am not one to be able to travel for classes. This DVD gave me everything I needed to create a strong foundation of skills in spinning. Sarah Anderson is an amazing teacher. I find her dialog inspiring and educational each time I watch this. I have found this to have different meanings for me watching it several times since I purchased it.
If you are new to spinning you absolutely CANNOT go wrong with investing in this DVD. For those who have been around the block with spinning, I think one can still glean important information including different ways of approaching ways to spin and how one looks at the tools and fibers you choose to use.
I give this 20 stars :-) (Posted on 11/23/2015)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.