Breaking the Rules! Inventive Uses for Supplies and Materials with Carolyn Dube DVD
Do you have a mixed-media supply stash that's totally out of control? Maybe it's a drawer or shelf in your studio cluttered with supplies that seemed intriguing but haven't gotten much use.
End that habit with this new video workshop from Carolyn Dube! You may buy a supply for a specific technique, and then never use it again. In this workshop, you'll learn to break out of that rut by using your supplies in a different manner than their packaging suggests. Carolyn shares over 10 techniques that make this easy. You'll learn tricks for creating your own line of matching paints, mixing up your own texture paste, using fabric paint on surfaces other than fabric and much more.
Plus, as an added bonus, you'll learn all these techniques on individual sheets of paper that you can later incorporate into collage art! Discover the inspiration you need to break the supply stash rules and find more inventive uses for your supplies and materials.
Order or download this video today to discover:
- More than 10 inventive uses for your supplies
- Steps to create a colorful, textured house collage by breaking the rules with your supplies
- 76 minutes of premier workshop instruction
Watch a preview of Breaking the Rules! Inventive Uses for Supplies and Materials with Carolyn Dube now:
About the Artist
Carolyn Dube is an art adventurer and educator who aims to inspire other artists to discover the creativity within themselves. Carolyn was an elementary school teacher for 10 years before dedicating herself full-time to mixed-media art. She is a StencilGirl designer (34 stencils) and monthly guest blogger on CreateMixedMedia.com. She teaches workshops online and in person. Carolyn has been published in Cloth Paper Scissors, Somerset Studios, Green Craft, Cloth Paper Scissors Studios, Somerset Apprentice and Pages magazine. Visit Carolyn at her website AColorfulJourney.com.
8” x 10” cradled wood board
140-lb. Canson watercolor paper
Acrylic paints, variety of colors including heavy-bodied white
Dylusions spray ink
Embossing powder, clear and colored
Tulip dimensional fabric paint
Catalyst mini blades
Fine line applicators
Small disposable cup
Spray bottle with water
Assorted Stencils from StencilGirl
White Stabilo Marks-All pencil
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.