Boutique Knits 20+ Must Have Accessories
With Boutique Knits, you can make your very own knockout accessories. If you love showing your personal style with the "it" handbag, funky scarf, or the hat that makes heads turn, then this book is for you.
Author Laura Irwin designs knitted accessories for the trendsetting indie designer fashion boutique Seaplane in Portland, Oregon, and is particularly known for her felted hats and stylish bags. In Boutique Knits, Laura presents designs for knitted accessories that stand out from the crowd.Boutique Knits includes:
- Patterns that cover a variety of knitting techniques in varying degrees, including felting, intarsia, Fair Isle, lacework, and cables
- Advice on incorporating non-knitting tools and techniques to transform your knitting to achieve that one-of-a-kind boutique feel: pliers, hammers, a sewing machine, use of millinery techniques, and handsewing techniques.
- Unique adornment inspiration, such as buckles and bolts borrowed from leatherwork close an intricately cabled belt, a chain handle finishes a felted bag with circle pockets, leather lacing dresses up a knitted bag, and grommets finish a half-felted handbag.
- Inspiration from vintage lace, beads, ribbon, and fabric-covered buttons!
- Knitting and felting techniques to create effects like ruffles, shibori-style pleats, and clever shaping.
- And more!
This collection of modern, stylish patterns will inspire beginning and intermediate knitters with its uncommon techniques and materials. Transform your knitting with Boutique Knits!
Reviews: "The patterns in this book are really cute and have a classic feel with a modern look. A project from this book (or the book itself) would be great for any woman who likes to keep up with fashion."-About.com Guide to Knitting
"Unique, pretty, clever. There's a reason that-even though I rarely make accessories-I felt compelled to buy this book out of all the many new knitting books."-KnittingScholar.com
"A very pretty book. Laura has created a collection of accessories and sweater accents that use classic influences long past and mix them with a modern functionality and appeal."-Knitty.com
"Some creative and truly innovative techniques... the photography perfectly captures the dreamy, romantic yet urban feel of Irwin's designs."-knotions online magazine
"The clever, pretty patterns in Laura's book are full of interesting twists."-The Oregonian KT2OG blog
|Number Of Pages||144|
- Vintage 20s and 30s look
- I love cloche hats and this book has some gorgeous ones. The styles in this book look just like the great unique clothes you can only get at a boutique. If you like vintage this book is a great resource! (Posted on 6/9/2012)
- Great Looking Patterns!
- I really like this book. There are gorgeous patterns in here, and I can't wait to make several of them. I love to knit hats, and there are many great ones in here. I have already knit one of the hats twice. I thought the pattern was very interesting. I like that there are little details that help you embellish your projects, and the author explains how to do them (such as fabric covered buttons and use of D-rings). (Posted on 12/16/2011)
- pretty pretty details
- Laura Irwin has a wonderful eye for details, and it really shines in this fun little pattern book, full of lovely accessories for the girly-girl in your life. The construction is simple, but with plenty of fresh takes and creative twists to make the projects interesting for everyone from advanced beginners on up. I love how she works in new tools and adornments you might not have thought to try with your knitting, like grommet setters and jewelry chain. This book is FUN for fashionista knitters. (Posted on 11/16/2011)
- Boutique knits
- I was extremely disappointed in this book. I wish I had seen the projects before ordering the book. I will probably only knit the hat on the cover and one pair of gloves. When the models can't make the item look good, you know it's bad. (Posted on 6/23/2011)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.