Bold Expressive Painting
Refresh your knowledge on the elements of art, principles of design, and find inspiration to create your own personal style!
Cultivate the skills necessary for expressionism and find a new approach to perspective painting. From acrylics to oil, pastels to water-soluble pencils, you will not feel stuck in your exploration of art. Artist Annie O’Brien Gonzales helps you find personal color palette that will come alive in your painting.
The book is set up as a walk through the art realm—you start out with the basics, with the elements and principles, but the refresher of techniques is later used in the numerous projects that Annie creates for you to try out and experiment with. This is useful because you can play with color without fear of making a mistake, test out bold textures to see their different effects, and loosen up your line-work.
This Book Features:
- 10 step-by-step projects: floral, landscape, and still life paintings
- Over twenty in-depth techniques covering gelli plate printing, color schemes and mixing charts, and creating collage materials
- Mixed-media ideas that give rise to inspiration boards, painting notes, and underpainting
The book also talks about an important concept to creating pure art—passion. Your hands hold the skill, your eyes the vision, and your heart the passion. Bring all three together with Bold Expressive Painting. Floral and landscape paintings can easily look similar in different artwork. But here, the design is rooted in your perspective. Take ownership of your painting and learn mixed-media skills to develop an intricate composition. The dynamic designs and endless ideas are yours for the taking!
About the Author:
Annie O’Brien Gonzales currently resides in Santa Fe, New Mexico where she works as a teacher, writer, and professional painter. She finds inspiration within nature, as well as personal symbols and patterns. Her work is shown in galleries across the United States and recently was included in a museum permanent collection. She conducts workshops across the country as well as at Ghost Ranch and at the Georgia O’Keeffe Museum.
|Number Of Pages||144|
|File/Trim Size||8.25 x 10.875|
|Author/Designer||Annie O'Brien Gonzales|
- Wonderful and Informative Book!
- This is the best mixed media book I've ever seen. Great hints, and an easy-to-follow plan to making your own still life or landscape painting. Super colorful...love it! (Posted on 7/27/2016)
- Loved it!
- Great photos. Great content. Step by Step instruction. (Posted on 4/22/2016)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.