Beginning Weaving with Tom Knisely Online Workshop
Popular weaving instructor Tom Knisely is the perfect guide for this beginner's weaving Online Workshop. From winding your warp to finishing your fabric, you'll learn all you need to know to weave with confidence!
This product will be accessible from My Online Workshops located in My Account after purchase.
If you’ve ever wanted to dive into weaving but have no idea where to start, you’ve come to the right place. Beginning Weaving with Tom Knisely will get you on track to set up your loom, set up your body mechanics, and warp your patterns with confidence.
You’ll love this Online Workshop if you:
- Want to learn the basics of multi-shaft looms and how they work
- Want to learn how to warp your loom both properly and comfortably, giving you confidence for your projects
- Want to plan projects using your chosen yarn
- Are looking for advice for good selvedges and great cloth
- Want to get tips, tricks, and troubleshooting from one of the best teachers in the business
- Would like to learn how to finish your newly woven fabric
With decades of teaching under his belt, Tom has walked thousands of beginners through their first steps and helped them to become creative, confident, successful weavers. Using Tom’s best-selling video instruction throughout, this accessible and fun Online Workshop brings you into Tom’s studio and takes you through a first weaving project from yarn to cloth. Learn all the basics along with some professional weaving tips to give you a head start.
Online Workshop Outline:
- Introduction to the Loom
- Body Mechanics
- Planning Your First Project
- Warp Yarn
- Weft Yarn
- Winding Your Warp Yarn
- Removing The Warp Chain
- Sleying the Reed
- Warping the Loom
- Threading, Tying On, and How to Fix Mistakes
- Beaming the Warp
- Tying on at the Front
- Tying the Treadles
- Starting to Weave
- Changing Weft Colors
- Completing the Weaving
- A More Complex Project
- Twill Gamp and How to Fix Treadling Errors
- Floating Selvedges
- Repairing a Broken Warp
- Finishing Your Piece
- Tying Fringe
- Wet-Finishing the Cloth
Online Workshop Includes:
- Weaving glossary
- Helpful tips from Tom
- Project worksheets
- A starter project from Weaving Today
- Interaction with fellow weaving students
About the Instructor
Tom Knisely has been teaching handweaving for more than thirty years. In addition to teaching, Tom weaves professionally and is a frequent contributor to Handwoven magazine. Voted Handwoven Teacher of the Year, Tom is renowned among his weaving students for his kindness, good humor, and “seemingly infinite knowledge on the subject of weaving.” He teaches at the beautiful Red Stone Glen Fiber Arts Center in York Haven, Pennsylvania.
|Product Type||Online Workshop|
- best video ever
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.