Beadwork Inspired by Art
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
You'll love this if:
- You're looking for ways to pull inspiration from famous artwork
- You want to learn how to select specific beads to use to achieve your design goals
- You want to learn technique ideas for achieving the tone of your inspired design
Join Jean Campbell for her web seminar and learn how to use principles of design including color, shape, and materials to help you create original beaded jewelry designs! The world around us is rich with images, colors, shapes, and history that can be transformed into original beaded jewelry designs.
In this web seminar Jean will give expert tips for viewing the world in a different way, from the point of an artist looking for ideas that you can turn into magnificent pieces of beaded jewelry. Find out how to tap into the never-ending resources from the world of fine art and work with the beads you have right now to create beadwork inspired by art! Then, explore how to select specific beads you can use to achieve your design goals, and techniques for achieving the tone of your inspired design.
As an added bonus, you'll get a free PDF of Jean's Katrina Bracelet Project. You can create an art-inspired project at home with this exclusive pattern.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
- How to break down a work of art into the basic components of shape and color for use in beaded jewelry design.
- Places to harvest new ideas and inspiration for beaded jewelry designs.
- How historic works of art can be turned into beaded jewelry designs.
- How to bring elements of culture, art, and history into your original jewelry designs.
- How to find inspiration in the beads and findings you have in your stash right now.
- How to choose the right beads, materials, and techniques to effectively capture your inspiration.
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR
Jean Campbell has been inspired to create original beadwork for over 20 years. She writes about, teaches, and designs beadwork. She has written and edited more than 45 books, including Steampunk Style Jewelry and Creating Glamorous Jewelry with Swarovski Elements. Jean is the founding editor of Beadwork and Stringing magazines, and is currently an editorial director at F+W\Interweave. She has appeared on the DIY Jewelry Making show, The Shay Pendray Show, and PBS' Beads, Baubles, and Jewels where she gives how-to instructions, provides inspiration, and lends crafting advice. Jean conducts lectures and teaches jewelry-making workshops throughout the United States, and lives in Minneapolis, Minnesota with her family and a whole lot of beads.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Beaders who want to start designing their own beaded jewelry designs.
- Beaders who want to learn technique ideas for achieving the correct tone in their projects.
- Designers who are looking for fresh ideas for their original jewelry designs.
- Anyone interested in learning what specific beads to use to achieve their design goals.
- Beaders who want to learn how to capture the colors of their favorite art in their beadwork.
- Anyone who wants to learn how to "steal" like an artist.
- Beaders who are interested in art, culture, and design.
- Beaders who love to learn about color, shape, and basic design principles.
- Beaders who want to challenge themselves and find new ways to create their own beaded jewelry designs.
|Product Type||Video Download|
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.