Polygon Stitch 101 with Carol Cypher Online Workshop
Expert Carol Cypher will teach you everything you need to know about the polygon stitch in her Online Workshop Polygon Stitch 101. The Polygon Stitch is a tubular weave that become faceted or multi-flat-sided. By varying the bead size and number of beads, this stitch will quickly become versatile!
This product will be accessible from My Online Workshops located in My Account after purchase.
Want to enhance your basic seed bead weaving repertoire? Expert Carol Cypher will teach you everything you need to know about the Polygon Stitch in her Online Workshop Getting Started Bead Weaving Series: Exploring New Textured Tubular Beadwork - Polygon Stitch 101. The Polygon Stitch is a tubular weave that become faceted or multi-flat-sided. By varying the bead size and number of beads, this stitch will quickly become versatile! Carol will teach you from start to finish the basic stitch, anatomy and how to use an armature in your stitching.
As the Online Workshop progresses, you'll discover nine ways to vary the Polygon Stitch so that you can develop your own creative designs. As an added bonus, you'll receive a free pattern, shopping list, and an excerpt from her book Mastering Beadwork: A Comprehensive Guide to Off-Loom Techniques!
This Online Workshop is available to you anywhere, anytime, allowing you to stop and practice when you need to! By registering for this engaging online learning Online Workshop, you will have the opportunity to connect with other students and be a part of a community to bounce ideas off each other and to share your designs. Before you know it, you'll become a master of the Polygon Stitch!
Lesson 1: The Basics
- Fundamentals of Polygon Stitch
Lesson 2: 9 Polygon Stitch Variations
- 3-Faced Supple Rope
- 3-Faced Supple Rope with Edge
- 3-Faced Supple Rope with Denser Edge
- 3-Faced Supple Rope with Multi-Sized Beads
- 3-Faced Swirling Rope 3-Faced Dense-Edge Rope
- 5-Faced Rope with 2 Beads
- 4-Faced Solid Rope
- 3-Faced Checkerboard
Online Workshop Includes
Discussion board & Gallery: The discussion board is a great way to interact with other users in the Online Workshop. It's an open forum for you to ask questions, share your thoughts, express your inspirations, and share images of your work.
Notes: This is a place for you to keep personal notes to help you with your work and the Online Workshop content. Only you will be able to see your notes.
Optional Quizzes: Short optional quizzes to test your knowledge as you progress through the lessons.
Video Lesson Run Time ≈ 93 minutes
About the Instructor
Carol Cypher teaches workshops in beadwork and feltmaking and the provocative pairing of the two, in the U.S.A., Japan, Australia and Europe.
She is author of Mastering Beadwork: A Comprehensive Guide to Off-Loom Techniques, in addition to two felting books, published in the USA by Interweave Press: Hand Felted Jewelry and Beads: 25 Artful Designs, and How We Felt: Designs and Techniques from Contemporary Felt Artists. She also wrote a Japanese book on feltmaking, published by Patchwork Tsushin LTD and sponsored by Tulip Co. (Carol's English manuscript was translated by Motoko Natsubori.)
|Product Type||Online Workshop|
- Wonderful teacher and interesting technique
The only reason I'm not giving the class 5 stars is that some of the things were out of order (a quiz that asked about things we hadn't learned yet!) and it was a little confusing.
Carol explained the polygon stitch so well that I didn't have to refer back to the video to make the one polygon rope I've already made. I have the beads picked out for my next one!
Carol's instruction definitely rates 5 stars. :-) (Posted on 4/16/2018)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.