Mastering Peyote Stitch: Tubular Peyote Online Workshop with Melinda Barta
Learn the ins and outs of tubular peyote stitch, including how to make basic ropes, form increases and decreases, and create a variety of spiral techniques in this Online Workshop with Melinda Barta! This Online Workshop is the fourth in a series of six designed to lead you toward mastering peyote stitch!
This product will be accessible from My Workshops located in My Account after purchase.
Dive into the world of peyote stitch with this Online Workshop featuring tubular peyote! Based on her best-selling book, Mastering Peyote Stitch, you’ll join instructor Melinda Barta in this Online Workshop where you’ll learn how to make basic ropes, form increases and decreases, and create a variety of spiral techniques. Tubular peyote stitch and circular peyote stitch are as alike as two peas in a pod because they are both work in the round. But unlike circular peyote stitch (which most often remains flat), the beads of tubular peyote stitch stack on top of each other to form a dimensional object. This Online Workshop also includes additional resources, including a list of materials, Melinda’s expert tips, and three projects with printable instructions!
Lesson One: Tubular Peyote Techniques
- Techniques to Know
- Counting and Diagrams
- Even-Count Tubular Peyote Stitch
- Odd-Count Tubular Peyote Stitch
- Increases and Decreases
- Finishing Beaded Ropes
Project One: Marcella Cuff
- Center Bezel
- Olive Cabochons
Project Two: Geometry 101
- Stitching Circles
- Circle Toggle Bar
- Circles Bracelet Assembly
- Stitching Triangles
- Triangles Toggle Bar
- Triangles Bracelet Assembly
- Stitching Squares
- Squares Bracelet Assembly
- Design Options & Tips
Project Three: Happy-Go-Lucky Links
- Oval Ring
- Ring-to-Ring Connections
- Beaded Links
Online Workshop Includes
Discussion board & Gallery: The discussion board is a great way to interact with other users in the Online Workshop. It’s an open forum for you to ask questions, share your thoughts, express your inspirations, and share images of your work.
Notes: This is a place for you to keep personal notes to help you with your work and the Online Workshop content. Only you will be able to see your notes.
Optional Quizzes: Short optional quizzes to test your knowledge as you progress through the lessons.
*This Online Workshop instruction is image and text based, there is no video instruction.
About the Instructor
Melinda Barta received her BFA in Fiber Arts from Colorado State University, Fort Collins. Her designs regularly appear in Beadwork, and also teaches workshops at schools across the country, including Penland School of Crafts and John C. Campbell Folk School. She has made appearances on PBS, Style Network, and including the shows Scrapbooking, Uncommon Threads, and Melinda’s favorite, Craft Corner Death Match. Melinda is a true lover of all crafts and is known to have sewing, embroidery, knitting, bead weaving, stringing, collage, scrapbooking, home improvement and gardening projects in the works all at the same time.
|Product Type||Online Workshop|
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.