Getting Started Bead Weaving Series: Learn How to Embroider with Seed Beads Online Workshop featuring Tammy Honaman
Learn how to bead embroider with seed beads in this interactive Online Workshop featuring instruction from Tammy Honaman.
This product will be accessible from My Online Workshops located in My Account after purchase.
Learn how to showcase delicate, elegant designs with bead artist and instructor Tammy Honaman's bead embroidery Online Workshop. Tammy's can do attitude is sure to ignite your passion for beading as she teaches you the essentials of seed bead embroidery while walking you through different bead embroidery projects. Each step of the way, you'll learn specific bead stitching techniques, such as peyote stitch, couching, stop stitch and more, so you can become a master by the end of the Online Workshop! Then, you'll discover two different finishing techniques to polish off your design. You'll be able to print off a free pattern in the resource section and you'll even have the chance to interact and collaborate with other students in the discussion board. It's time to add bead embroidery to your skill set!
Lesson 1: Materials
- An introduction to the tools and materials you'll need to bead embroider
- Understanding materials that are 'nice to have'
- Learn tips about foundation materials for bead backing
- Understanding cabochons and stones
- Finishing options to complete your design
Lesson 2: Preparing Your Design
- Planning your embroidery design
- Determining which beads and tools you'll need
- Where to get inspiration
Lesson 3: Adding a Centerpiece
- Adding a centerpiece to bead backing
- Removing the shank from buttons to create centerpiece
- Properly apply glue to centerpiece
Lesson 4: Embellishing the Centerpiece - Backstitch
- Beginning your thread
- Understand how to complete a basic bead embroidery backstitch
- Embellishing your centerpiece with a single row of backstitch
Lesson 5: Embellishing the Centerpiece - Create a Bezel
- Continuing your previous thread to begin a Peyote bezel
- Completing multiple rows of Peyote to create a bezel
- Cinching your bezel with smaller shaped beads
Lesson 6: Embellishing the Centerpiece - Stop Stitch
- Understand how to complete stop stitch
- Embellishing the centerpiece with stop stitch
Lesson 7: Embellishing the Centerpiece - Stop Stitch
- Understanding how to complete moss stitch
- Embellishing the centerpiece with moss stitch
Lesson 8: Finishing Techniques
- Finishing your thread
- Trimming your bead backing
- Placing a pin backing
- Trimming and fitting ultra suede to accommodate pin backing
- Stitching a picot edge
Lesson 9: Extras & Inspiration
- Working with pointed back and oddly shaped stones or beads
- Options for working with Shibori ribbon and charms
Online Workshop Includes
Discussion board & Gallery: The discussion board is a great way to interact with other users in the Online Workshop. It's an open forum for you to ask questions, share your thoughts, express your inspirations, and share images of your work.
Resources: Downloadable and Printable files, including 1 Free Pattern and Shopping List of Materials Needed
Notes: This is a place for you to keep personal notes to help you with your work and the Online Workshop content. Only you will be able to see your notes.
Optional Quizzes: Short optional quizzes to test your knowledge as you progress through the lessons
Video Lesson Run Time ≈ 88 minutes
About the Instructor
Tammy Honaman is the web producer and an online editor for Interweave's Beading and Jewelry group, and also teaches, demonstrates and speaks about jewelry-making nationally and internationally. She contributes jewelry-making projects, articles and designs to magazines, books and television programs. She is featured in videos on various industry-related websites, sharing her passion for all materials and techniques she explores.
Tammy has authored video titles for Interweave, such as Sporty Leather Bracelet with Metal Clay Charms, as well as Secrets to Metal Clay Success, Secrets to Art Clay Success and other jewelry-making videos available in DVD and digital formats. Tammy is the co-author of Polymer Clay Master Class, the founding editor of Step-by-Step Beads, and former editor of Step-by-Step in Lapidary Journal Jewelry Artist.
Tammy has served as technical editor on several metal clay and jewelry-making books and magazines, a former Executive Director of the International Polymer Clay Guild, and on the board of other jewelry related organizations.
|Product Type||Online Workshop|
|Technique||Bead Embroidery, Beaded Picot Stitch, Peyote Stitch|
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.