Beadweaving 1 and 2 with Huib Petersen: CRAW, PRAW and Celtic Basketweave Using CRAW DVD
Get to know cubic right-angle weave as you’ve never known it before with bead artist and CRAW master Huib Petersen. Discover the ways it can combine with prismatic right-angle weave and how it can be layered and woven together in a stunning Celtic basketweave collar or bracelet.
You’ll love this if:
- You enjoy creating architectural beadwork
- You’re looking for in-depth instruction on the structure, form, and function of cubic right-angle weave
- You want to learn how to easily connect units of CRAW in seemingly impossible ways
In these videos, Huib Petersen will demonstrate the basics of how to build architectural structure with cubic right-angle weave and how it can be utilized in other stitches and techniques, such as prismatic right-angle weave and Huib’s own unique approach to Celtic basketweave. In the first video, Huib will use samples to display how CRAW and PRAW can be used to create everything: from simple ropes to links and chains to architectural structures. In the second video, you’ll learn how to weave a layer of CRAW by stitching squares, building posts, and connecting units. You’ll then weave another layer of CRAW around the first layer to create a beautiful and unique Celtic basketweave bracelet or collar. Huib Petersen is one of the most original talents in the beading world and is a passionate, inspiring teacher.
Order your copy of Beadweaving 1 and 2 with Huib Petersen: CRAW, PRAW and Celtic Basketweave Using CRAW today to:
- Learn how to build a foundation, turn corners, build layers, and connect cubes in CRAW
- Discover how to make your work curve with PRAW
- Learn to weave layers of CRAW together into a Celtic basketweave
Watch a preview of Beadweaving 1 and 2 with Huib Petersen: CRAW, PRAW, and Celtic Basketweave Using CRAW now:
About the Author:
Huib Petersen has been working full time as a bead artist and teacher since 1998. In 1995, Huib moved from Holland to San Francisco, and opened a small arts and crafts workshop and gallery on Nob Hill. Inspired by a chance encounter with 19th century Russian beadwork, he discovered the beauty and challenges of designing with beads. Petersen uses different sizes of beads and a variety of traditional beadwork stitches to create sculpted bugs, butterflies, birds, flowers, and sea creatures. The result is a unique kind of wearable art that offers the intricacy of embroidery and lace, the depth of a theater set and the durability and brilliance of glass.
|Technique||Right Angle Weave Stitch|
- I found these DVDs very interesting and informative, there is always something to learn no matter how experienced a beadworker is. The DVDs were easy to follow and very well presented. Sculptural RAW is my favourite technique and Huib has inspired me I have so many ideas now for new and exiting projects. Thank you (Posted on 11/1/2016)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.