Beading with Shaped Beads DVD
Spark your creativity!
Learn expert tips and tricks to work with exciting shaped beads
Join Beadwork Editor Melinda Barta as she demonstrates everything you’ve ever wanted to know about different shaped beads. Be on the edge of this new trend with the must-have tips and tricks shared in this ultimate beading workshop DVD.
Start off with a comprehensive description of the different varieties of shaped beads including Tilas, Superduos, peanut beads, spikes, and more! Then, go in-depth as Melinda teaches you how to modify traditional bead stitches including peyote stitch, herringbone, ladder stitch, and more to use with these exciting shapes. Plus, see side by side how similar shaped beads react to the different stitches.
Enhance your beaded jewelry as you:
- Get started the right way with a comprehensive materials and tools overview, plus Melinda’s expert, tried-and-true tips for hiding threads, maintaining proper tension, and more.
- Learn the best stitches to use with the hottest shaped beads including Tilas, Superduos, peanut beads, and more.
- Take your beadwork to the next level as you explore new ways to embellish your beadwork with shaped beads.
- Discover which similar beads are interchangeable and which aren’t for easy substitutions.
- Skip the guesswork with up close shots and detailed thread path diagrams.
- And more!
Discover this ultimate beading video that covers all the groundwork for stitching with exciting shaped beads! Watch this ultimate tutorial on your own time, starting and stopping where it’s convenient for you. Shape up your beading designs and master these unique beads that offer endless possibilities for your beadwork!
- Content's informative, if you can get it to play!
I have made two separate purchases of Beading with Shaped Beads, one directly from Interweave and one from another source. Neither one of these DVD's works well. The first one will only play in a computer. The second one will not play in a computer nor in a standard DVD player. Frustrating? You bet it is.
I do own a different Melinda Barta DVD, the Finishing Touches one. It plays great in a DVD player and a computer, so I would expect other discs in her series to match this performance. So not the case. (Posted on 8/3/2015)
- I'm really surprised to see so many in agreement with me - I'd really rather have a book.....I still consider myself a novice and there's nothing more comforting than to read over and over until I get it right. My time is limited but I need to create quickly - my stuff is donated to charity. So I don't have time to go back and forth on a DVD until i hit the right spot. Actually a book AND a DVD would be great. And I wouldn't mind paying for it. (Posted on 10/3/2014)
- in favour of dvd
- Hi, I would just like to say that although I like having a book to look at I have no problem having this in dvd format. As I live in England the postage costs of a book is very high. Therefore, although like everyone else, I don't bead in front of a computer, I have no trouble looking for and printing a copy of any pattern I wish to bead, this also allows me to have a subscription to my favourite mag (beadwork) at an affordable cost, Could I also point out that whilst it is nice to get others views on things, this is supposed to be reviewing the contents rather than the format, having looked through all the reviews I am no wiser to the content of this book or what people think of the patterns in it (Posted on 3/6/2014)
- Great DVD
- Another wonderful DVD by Melinda (Posted on 2/22/2014)
- Book Version Please!
- Karen and Dee are spot on! I'm a very techno-savvy person. But my work places me in front of a computer way too much. There's something intimate - one-to-one -in being able to hold the book in your hand in a good light, surrounded by your beads and equipment, to INSPIRE you! With printed 4-color books you can be INSPIRED anywhere!! Granted there are many who who might be able to "learn more easily" from a "live demonstration" - but those are videos, and not "e-books." To my disappointment, too many of the great book concepts presented here by Interweave come ONLY as "downloadable" e-books. Yes the profit margin is really broad on those - but a sale lost is dollar not earned. The only good thing about all the "e-book" offerings is the money I'm saving. Please follow Karen and Dee's suggestion! Thanks J-M (Posted on 2/3/2014)
- I have two other DVD's from Ms Barta, Custom Clasps and Beaded Bezels. Both are wonderful and well put together instruction tools, well arranged and delivered. But in my opinion. this latest DVD, Beading With Shaped Beads is a disappointment. It is to me, too much product, too many confusing diagrams, and she seems to be in such a rush to cover it all that you can almost hear her exhale at the end of the video. I had to stop the DVD, replay, rest and replay again. I know this might sound like a joke but it isn't. I was so impressed with the first two purchases that I was really looking forward to her explanations of all the new beads. They should have somehow divided this one DVD into two separate units. Maybe if it were in book format, as the other reviewers mentioned it would have been much better, it would have been for me. But with that said reviews are opinions, opinions are personal and you ultimately have to form your own, Good Luck. (Posted on 2/1/2014)
- I am in agreement with Dee. I would very much like to order Beading with Shaped Beads in book or ebook. I do not sit in front of the tv or computer to bead and rather have patterns in front of me and not have to peruse a dvd for a pattern. Please let us know how we can order this in print format. Thank you very much. (Posted on 1/21/2014)
I and almost everyone else I have talk to would like to buy this DVD in book format. We do not sit in front of the computer to bead so a DVD is not very helpful to us. Is there away this will come out in paperback book form or even an ebook???
d (Posted on 11/25/2013)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.