Beaded Colorways eBook
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
You’ll Love This Beading eBook If:
- You love making special art using colorful beads
- You want to discover exciting beading techniques
- You want to learn how to incorporate new materials into your beaded jewelry
In Beaded Colorways Beverly Ash Gilbert makes each beading project her canvas as she explores glowing color palettes and interesting color combinations. Using her approach of "Bead Soups" Beverly mixes beads and gems together in order to create custom color blends. Then learn how to combine these beautiful beads with the step by step beading techniques in order to create artful jewelry pieces.
No boring projects here, every page is filled with color and fun. Beverly Ash Gilbert discusses color theory in-depth, giving you a deep understanding of how to use color. 18 complete beading projects include mixing beads with gems, beach glass, ribbon and metal. Download this eBook and you'll have instant access to all these great tips, techniques and advice from expert artist Beverly Ash Gilbert.
In the Beaded Colorways eBook You’ll Learn:
- How to use color theory & fun color combinations in your beading projects
- Beading techniques for how to make beaded necklaces, earrings, bracelets & more
- Beading stitches including netting, peyote, and freeform
A Word From the Author:
"This book will show you how to work with color, freeform beadweaving and even basic metalworking so you can expand your own creative style. My hope is to inspire you, to help spark new ideas and to stimulate the artist inside of you to find your own unique path and your creative expression in color and texture. So for all of you who love color and want to explore ways to use it in your beadwork, come with me on this journey to see where it will take you and what wonderful paths you will create!" — Beverly Ash Gilbert
Check Out This Excerpt From Simply Beaded Bliss:
Inspiration in Nature
A single color, no matter how much you love it, never has as much power as when it is used in combination with other colors and textures. Even within a single color family, we crave highlights, shades and textural variations to imbue depth and intrigue. Leaves, the ocean, a sunset, sand, terra-cotta tiles, a hydrangea blossom--their beauty lies in the color and textural variations.
These variations can be subtle or dramatic, but solid color blocks are rarely seen in nature (and only if you observe a small enough sample). If you fell in love with "leaf green" and tried to recreate it, you would be hard pressed to do so with one tube of paint or one tube of beads. Look at the hydrangea leaves and count how many colors of green you see--are there five or ten or more? Note the deep shadows; the shiny leaves that reflect a little blue from the sky; the new, bright yellow-green leaves with their stems, veins and serrated edges. It is this complexity that gives leaves movement, depth and life. No wonder artists look to nature for inspiration in color as well as subject.
I am driven by color. I will buy a book, a pillow, a scarf or anything if the colors leap out at me. Conversely, I can be turned away from a fabulous art technique because the colors the artist used don't speak to me. Sometimes, this is a difference in taste, but often, the palette seems flat to me and needs a little tweak to give it movement and depth. However, if my eye is stimulated, then even palettes that I wouldn't normally work with seem beautiful.
|File/Trim Size||38 MB|
|Author/Designer||Beverly Ash Gilbert|
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.