Bead Romantique: Elegant Beadweaving Designs
Inspired by art history, artist Lisa Kan offers a truly unique jewelry collection with a romantic yet modern sensibility. Bead Romantique: Elegant Beadweaving Designs features seventeen step-by-step designs inspired by the Gothic, Renaissance, Victorian, and Art Nouveau eras reinterpreted in her distinctive contemporary style. Emphasizing a mix of vintage findings, beads, lampwork, buttons, and modern components, Lisa's jewelry brings a feminine mystique and sophistication to beadwork design.
Each project builds on simple elements to create sophisticated designs and incorporate off-loom seed bead weaving, stringing, and wirework. Projects include a scalloped chain necklace, pearl Ndebele earrings and bracelet set, mesh pearl bracelet, bohemian drop earrings, a Victorian diamond cuff, and more. Novice beaders can progress through projects and increase their skills and beading confidence while advanced beaders will find exciting new challenges. Included are Lisa's expert design and technique tips and tricks along with detailed instruction and illustrations for every project. Lisa also gives information on finding special vintage beads and components to give your jewelry that romantic quality plus ways to make modern components look vintage. Beaders will love seeing projects worked in a variety of colorways to provide ideas for endless customization.
Create elegant, feminine, and romantic heirloom-quality jewelry with Bead Romantique.
Reviews: "Full of gorgeous, antique inspired beadwork.... Each project builds on simple elements that are broken down into easy, workable steps... you never feel lost."-CraftGossip.com, Jewelry Making Editor
"Lisa Kan is one of my all time favorite beadmakers and designers."-Heather Powers, ArtBeadScene.com
"An inspiration... You are not likely to find designs like Kan's in any other book. The Elizabethan and Victorian eras are renowned for their opulent, elegant jewelry. If you are drawn to this jewelry and would like understandable directions for creating updated versions... take a look at Bead Romantique."-Step bt Step Beads magazine
"I found the pictures gorgeous and the instructions and diagrams easy to understand and follow... This is a great book."-Upper Midwest Bead Society newsletter
|Number Of Pages||144|
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.