Bead Embroidery: Successful Edgings and Fringe Online Workshop with Sherry Serafini
Never underestimate the importance of finishing your beadwork to unite your components into an intentional whole. Join Sherry Serafini in this online workshop, as she shares her passion for creating edgings and fringe for bead embroidered pieces! You’ll learn a variety of bead embroidered designs such as how to create embellished edges that stand alone, how to stitch rolled edges using single or multiple beads, how to make simple fringe using single and double-needle techniques and how to make netted, looped, and counted fringe.
Whether simple or elaborate, the finishes in Sherry Serafini’s Successful Edgings and Fringe Online Workshop will help you turn your projects into beautiful and cohesive designs. In addition to Sherry’s favorite edge and fringe techniques, you’ll also learn tips for bead choice and tidiness in this workshop based on her popular video. Register for this online workshop today!
Working with Found Objects:
Discussion Board & Gallery: The discussion board is a great way to interact with other users in the course. It’s an open forum for you to ask questions, share your thoughts, express your inspirations, and share images of your work.
Optional Quizzes: Short optional quizzes to test your knowledge as you progress through the lessons.
Run time: ~ 41 min.
About the Instructor:
Unusual objects and shapes become part of a new story as Sherry Serafini stitches beads and gemstones, one at a time, to a felt-like base. Most pieces are born spontaneously, as the beads and Sherry’s imagination dictate the design. Sherry finds this meditative form of art to be a rich counterpoint to a society full of instant gratification.
Voted one of the top 10 instructors in the United States, Sherry lectures and teaches classes worldwide. Her work has been featured on the covers of trade magazines and catalogs and she authored Sensational Bead Embroidery and co-authored The Art of Bead Embroidery with Heidi Kummli. Sherry’s beaded art is known internationally and has been worn by Grammy winner Melissa Etheridge, Steven Tyler of Aerosmith, Lenny Kravitz, pro golfer Michelle Wie, and singer Fergie of the Black Eyed Peas.
|Product Type||Online Workshop|
|Technique||Bead Embroidery, Finishing, Fringe, Picot, Seed Beads|
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.