Bead Embroidery: Incorporating Shibori Ribbon Into Your Projects with Sherry Serafini Video Download
Explore new textures in your bead embroidery as you learn how to integrate silk shibori ribbon into your jewelry designs with expert instruction from Sherry Serafini.
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
Show off a favorite piece of shibori ribbon as you learn how to incorporate it into your next bead embroidery project. Join bead embroidery artist Sherry Serafini as she shares her approach to a bead embroidered bracelet featuring silk shibori ribbon. Watch and learn as Sherry demonstrates her process from attaching the ribbon to finishing the bracelet with a beaded edging. You’re sure to be inspired to create your own one-of-a-kind bead embroidery jewelry designs with shibori ribbons.
Download your copy of Bead Embroidery: Incorporating Shibori Ribbon Into Your Projects with Sherry Serafini today to:
- Learn how to attach the shibori ribbon to a piece of bead embroidery backing.
- Add a cabochon to create a focal point on your bracelet.
- Embellish the bracelet with a variety of beads in a multitude of shapes, sizes, and finishes.
- Give your bead embroidery designs impact by experimenting with bead choices and placement.
- And more!
About the Expert:
Unusual objects and shapes become part of a new story as Sherry Serafini stitches beads and gemstones, one at a time, to a felt-like base. Most pieces are born spontaneously, as the beads and Sherry’s imagination dictate the design. Sherry finds this meditative form of art to be a rich counterpoint to a society full of instant gratification. Voted one of the top 10 instructors in the United States, Sherry lectures and teaches classes worldwide. Her work has been featured on the covers of trade magazines and catalogs and she wrote Sensational Bead Embroidery by Sherry Serafini and co-authored The Art of Bead Embroidery with Heidi Kummli. Sherry’s beaded art is known internationally and has been worn by Grammy winner Melissa Etheridge, Steven Tyler of Aerosmith, Lenny Kravitz, pro golfer Michelle Wie, and singer Fergie of the Black Eyed Peas.
Watch a preview!
|Product Type||Video Download|
|File Type||PDF, MP4|
- Shibori Techniques Explained
I have been lucky enough to take some of Sherry's shibori cuff classes in person, so I wasn't expecting to learn anything new from this one. In fact, it was the last one I viewed in the 4-video package I bought. Surprise! I still found some new tidbits from this video that made it worth watching.
If you've never made any jewelry using shibori silk, but want to learn, this is a must-view course. If you've dabbled in the technique but would like to learn more, it's also a video you should watch. And if you've done a lot of shibori designs (as have I), you'll still probably find some new ideas.
Sherry is just as wonderful in her videos as she is in person. Her willingness to share her designs and ideas in a way that's easy to understand is the hallmark of a great teacher. If you love Sherry's work, you will also thoroughly enjoy this video. (Posted on 12/12/2015)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.