Bead Embroidery: Adding Found Objects Into Your Projects with Sherry Serafini Video Download
The potential is endless when you learn how to incorporate found objects into your bead embroidered jewelry with expert advice from Sherry Serafini!
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
Open the door to innovative jewelry designs as you learn how to incorporate found objects in your bead embroidery projects! Join internationally recognized bead artist Sherry Serafini for a lesson in adding found objects into your jewelry projects. Sherry starts by sharing some of her favorite found objects to work with, and then continues with a look at bead embroidery tools and materials. Combine your favorite bead stitches including picot and peyote stitch as you integrate metal washers, wooden rings, and keys into your bead embroidery.
Download your copy of Bead Embroidery: Adding Found Objects Into Your Projects with Sherry Serafini today to:
- Be inspired to integrate found objects that appeal to you into your jewelry designs.
- Learn how combine metal washers and seed beads for a unique component.
- Create a picot edge around your bead embroidery for a fabulous finished look.
- Stretch your imagination as you experiment with a variety of found objects in your bead embroidered jewelry.
- And more!
About the Expert:
Unusual objects and shapes become part of a new story as Sherry Serafini stitches beads and gemstones, one at a time, to a felt-like base. Most pieces are born spontaneously, as the beads and Sherry’s imagination dictate the design. Sherry finds this meditative form of art to be a rich counterpoint to a society full of instant gratification. Voted one of the top 10 instructors in the United States, Sherry lectures and teaches classes worldwide. Her work has been featured on the covers of trade magazines and catalogs and she wrote Sensational Bead Embroidery by Sherry Serafini and co-authored The Art of Bead Embroidery with Heidi Kummli. Sherry’s beaded art is known internationally and has been worn by Grammy winner Melissa Etheridge, Steven Tyler of Aerosmith, Lenny Kravitz, pro golfer Michelle Wie, and singer Fergie of the Black Eyed Peas.
Watch a preview!
|Product Type||Video Download|
|File Type||PDF, MP4|
|Technique||Bead Embroidery, Beaded Picot Stitch|
- Widen Your Horizons!
- I thought this was a great class, and it really opened my mind to the possibilities of taking my beading/mixed media art farther. I should note that if you are looking for specific projects and step, by step instruction, you should look elsewhere. (Posted on 12/14/2015)
- Never Thought I'd Use Found Objects - Until Now!
I've taken some live classes with Sherry, and knew she was a great teacher. However, found objects have never been high on my list for jewelry designs. This class was part of the 4 video package, so I decided "what the heck - it's Sherry" and watched it.
I have come away from this class with a new appreciation of how useful (and cool) found objects can be in jewelry design!
"Found objects" are not necessarily objects you find laying around on the ground, but rather items that are not meant to be used as jewelry. Instead of using them in a messy manner (as I have seen with some other designers), Sherry makes them elegant.
Sherry explains her thought processes in how and why she uses these design elements, along with some simple projects using them. The projects themselves aren't the reason to watch this video, though.
The reason to watch this video is to help you get inside Sherry's head, in exploring how a simple item can be transformed into a gorgeous piece of jewelry. Sherry's big strength is her imagination, and willingness to go in new directions -- and then to share that process.
Sherry does not disappoint in this video. Even if you not a found objects kind of person, this is worth watching for her eye candy! :) (Posted on 12/12/2015)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.