Basic Photography Skills for Fiber Artists On Demand Web Seminar
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
bout the web seminar:
Show off your handwoven fabrics and fiber pieces! In this web seminar, Gale Zucker will guide you through taking great photographs that show off your work as a weaver or fiber artist.
Wish your digital photographs of your work were better quality? Want to feel more confident with your camera in hand? This one hour presentation will set you in the right direction. No matter if you are a fiber artist looking to create professional images for commercial use, or you merely want stunning photographs of your work for personal enjoyment, this web seminar is for you.
It doesn’t matter your skill level. Both beginner weavers and advanced will benefit, as well as beginning and advanced photographers. The session is fun, full of easy tips to start working with right away and is put into terms that even beginners will be able to understand.
Gale will present an illustrated talk of shooting tips to improve your photography of fiber arts, textiles, knits, people and the world around you. Culled from her longer workshops, she'll show and share easily understandable composition ideas, tricks to make the best use of light, thoughts on choosing backgrounds, working with color, and styling to enhance the appeal of your work.
Who should attend?
- Weavers and fiber artists wanting to capture their textiles in a professional-looking photograph
- Weavers and fiber artists looking for new tricks and tips for photographing their work
- Weavers and fiber artists who are wanting to advance their business with high quality photographs
About the instructor:
Commercial & editorial photographer Gale Zucker is the co-author and photographer of the book Craft Activism: People, Projects & Ideas from the New Community of Handmade, by Potter Craft . She is also the photographer/co-author of Shear Spirit: Ten Farms, Twenty Projects and Miles of Yarn (Potter Craft 2008) and the photographer for Mason Dixon: Knitting Outside the Lines (October 2008) and most recently, the photographer for WearWithAll: Knits for Your Life ( 2012) and Weekend Wool, an ebook for Green Mountain Spinnery Her book of portraits of people photographed in their handknit finery at the NY Sheep & Wool Festival in Rhinebeck, NY, will be published this year. Gale has been teaching Photography for Fiber Artists, Knitters & Crafters workshops since 2009, leading classes at yarn shops and events across the country, from Maine to California, including Interweave Knitting Lab New England.
In 2012 & 2011, she was a guest author, speaker and workshop leader, at the Arkansas Literary Festival, Shepherds Harvest in Minnesota and in Los Angeles, as a guest teacher with the Slipt Stitchers Knitting Guild. Gale’s commercial & editorial photography keeps her busy outside the handcrafted world and she is widely published. She has photographed for everyone from TV Guide , The NY Times and Smithsonian to Consumer Reports, Fortune 500 companies and prestigious universities.
A lifelong knitter and crafter, Gale lives in shoreline CT with her family. She can be found swimming, dog wrangling, making stuff, or at the beach knitting, when she doesn’t have a camera in her hands. • Professional website Gale Zucker Photography http://www.gzucker.com • Craft Activism book blog http://www.craftactivism.com • Her knit blog She Shoots Sheep Shots http:// www.ezisus.blogspot.com • Ravelry as SheShootsSheep
|Product Type||Video Download|
- Very helpful and informative
- Gale gives lots of specific tips that I think will make my photographs more interesting and successful. Tips about lighting, composition, camera settings, staging, and more. I can't wait to try them. Remember, "Pixels are free". (Posted on 11/21/2014)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.