Basic Flex Shaft Collection
This collection helps you get the most out of your flex shaft! Regardless of skill level, you will love the in-depth information you get from Travis and Andy.
Make your flex shaft work for you with hours of video instruction by the best in the business! These videos cover everything from care and cleaning to grinding and sanding to carving wax molds.
In this collection, Travis Ogden and Andy Cooperman get you comfortable with the flex shaft! Whether it's maintaining the flex shaft, grinding, sanding, finishing or polishing your designs in metal, stone or wax, Travis walks you through instructions for everything. He also shows you how to use your flex shaft to create wax molds for casting metal. Then watch Andy Cooperman as he uses unconventional techniques with burs, mandrels, separating disks and rubberized abrasives in unique, time-saving ways. Andy later reveals his top picks for handpieces, as well as fun tips and tricks, such as how to turn your Flex Shaft into a lathe.
See what's inside the collection:
The flex shaft is one of the most commonly found but consistently underutilized tools at the jeweler's and metalsmith's bench. Andy Cooperman has explored and learned to exploit this machine as few others have. His approach to the flex shaft is expansive and non-traditional, and includes techniques such as new twists on drilling, creating a hammered finish with a rubber wheel, and even polishing with a Q-tip. This video takes a fun and comprehensive look at the accessories, attachments, and endless possibilities of the flex shaft. In the second volume, techniques include using an eye screw as a pit pounder and turning your flex shaft into a lathe. He'll also explain how a hammer handpiece can be used for stone setting, riveting, and upsetting by capitalizing on its ability to combine force and accuracy.
Join metalsmith and jewelry maker Travis Ogden in 7 watch-and-learn lessons for everything you'll need to know and bring your jewelry making skills to a professional level using the flex shaft for your work. Easily enhance all your metal jewelry with this useful tool! Expand your knowledge with detailed jewelry making instructions for everything from maintaining the flex shaft to grinding, sanding, finishing and polishing your designs in metal, stone or wax.
Join metalsmith Travis Ogden for his video workshop dedicated to teaching you how to carve a wax model for a pendant. This comprehensive lesson covers all the steps you need to successfully begin carving wax models for jewelry making using your flex shaft. Watch as Travis transforms a block of wax into a stylish wax model that can be used to create a mold for casting into your metal choice. Including important design considerations and tips for achieving the illusion of varying thickness, and important information for carving with the flex shaft, this workshop DVD is a must-have for anyone interested in learning how to successfully carve a wax model at home. Faster, more forgiving, and less expensive than metal fabrication, this is a clever way to create metal jewelry and to easily produce multiples of the same design.
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.