The Art of Mistakes
The fear of making mistakes in artwork is universal. Learn how to lose that fear with The Art of Mistakes!
You'll love this inspirational art book if:
- You've struggled with fear of failure in your artwork
- Mental roadblocks prevent you from finishing--or starting--your artwork
- You want to learn how to turn mistakes into material for even better creations
This new title from Melanie Rothschild will teach artists and creatives of every skill level how to lose the fear of making a mistake. Part creativity book and part instruction, this book will teach you how to use creative step-by-steps as stepping stones, rather than rules set in stone. Learn to break the rules in your art and branch out in creative play and experimentation.
Mistakes often give us ideas we'd never conjure up deliberately. This book will teach you how to not only become comfortable with making mistakes, but how to let those mistakes propel your art toward success! After considering topics like why an art class can be a dangerous place and seeing the creative benefit in the act of play, you will be encouraged to try art-making techniques that encourage finding the benefits of mistakes. You will be given permission to use and find value in cheap materials and learn how to take creative thinking into other parts of your life.
Order your copy today and find:
- 16 painting techniques to encourage creative thinking and experimentation
- Permission to make mistakes as you make art
- Methods to discover how mistakes can serve your art and creativity
This is a must-read for seasoned artists and first-time creators alike. Maybe you have artistic impulses and desires but feel like you aren't one of the "chosen few" who can make art. Now you can learn ideas and painting techniques that show you a way of creative thinking that turn even your mistakes into beautiful works of art!
About the Author Author
Melanie Rothschild has sold her artwork, much of which was inspired by mistakes, in many stores and galleries throughout the US. She has a Masters of Science in the Study of Creativity and teaches workshops on the subject.
|Number Of Pages||128|
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.