Art Journaling Live 3: You Brain on Stencils Video Download
Learn to do more with your art journals in this video download of Art Journaling Live 3. In this video, artist Mary Beth Shaw demonstrates layering with stencils to make interesting pages in your art journal.
Download your video today and journal away!
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
Discover how to use stencils and a limited color palette of acrylic paint to create art journal pages that pop! Mary Beth Shaw will reveal the secrets of layering stencils to create foregrounds and backgrounds, and show you the magic of using stencils for integration. You’ll learn to layer colors, build pleasing neutrals and create areas of light and dark values. And if your design has gone too far, she’ll demonstrate easy ways to save your journal spread without painting over the entire page. Finish off your page with a gorgeous, bold pop of fluorescent color!
In this video you’ll:
- Make the most of your stencils.
- Try reduction stenciling.
- Create framing for your page.
- Add handmade marks.
- Discover the beauty and value of a limited color palette.
- Create pleasing neutrals.
Watch a preview of this video here!
About the Artist
Mary Beth Shaw is a mixed-media artist, workshop instructor, owner of StencilGirl Products and author of Flavor for Mixed Media and Stencil Girl. She writes a bi-monthly column for Somerset Studio. Visit her websites StencilGirlProducts.com and mbshaw.blogspot.com.
- Canson XL Mix Media pad
- Deli paper
- Tissue paper- orange and blue
- DecoArt Media Fluid acrylic in Ultramarine Blue
- DecoArt Media gesso- black and white
- Heavy body acrylic paint in Burnt Sienna and Fluorescent Orange
Other Tools and Supplies
- Baby wipes
- Creative Catalyst wedge
- Glue stick
- Palette knife
- Palette paper
- Paper towels
- Sharpie water-based paint pens in black and white (optional)
- Sofft Art Sponge, wedge
- Spray bottle
- Stencils, variety
Download your copy today!
|Product Type||Video Download|
|Author/Designer||Mary Beth Shaw|
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.