Art Journaling Fast & Easy: Unique Journal Pages One Step at a Time (Video Download)
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
Want to keep an art journal but don't have time for another project in your already busy schedule? Pam Carriker, mixed-media artist and author of Art at the Speed of Life, shows you fast, innovative ways to use new media and tools made from your own work to create one-of-a-kind journal pages that showcase your signature style. By creating the background first and then using Pam's easy "10-Minute Journal" method, you'll never stare at a blank page again! After discussing her favorite supplies, Pam dives right into designing multiple backgrounds at once, using a large sheet of watercolor paper. Next, discover ways to take imagery from your previously created artwork and incorporate it into your current journal pages; tools and techniques covered include: image transfer, stencils, Thermofax® screen printing, and carved stamps. Then, move to the next portion of journaling: the art of creative writing, and learn Pam's approach to the art of lettering. Finally, discover Pam's strategy for adding a final layer to tie everything together and create a visually appealing impact. Pam's methods--and her introduction to a variety of tools and new products--are sure to inspire you whether you're a longtime art journaler or just wanting to get started art journaling.
|Product Type||Video Download|
- Art Journaling Fast & Easy
- I love Pam Carriker's work, and the video is done very well. I am so disappointed though - there is not an actual list of supplies and instructions on what mix ratios to use. Many teachers will offer an alternative if you don't have all the products, where as Ms Carriker does not. If I want to follow her instruction to the letter, I would have to buy a whole new cache of supplies, paints and mixatives, and I already have too much. I will try to substitute what I have and follow her techniques, which again produce beautiful results. I think it could have been made a little more user friendly. If you haven't any art supplies and need to purchase them for these techniques, then you have it made...others like me will just have to try and substitute. ***** Interweave Comment: : Please see materials the list tab on all Cloth Paper Scissors Workshop (Posted on 2/16/2012)
- Great Instruction, Needed More Information on Supplies and Finishing
- A friend and I decided to watch this video together and follow along instead of signing up for a local course, which neither one of us can afford, right now. The instruction was wonderful -- clear directions, and do-able techniques. And, we ended our afternoon together with a few new skills and GORGEOUS handmade journals, ready for whatever we want to add to them. I will use her techniques again and again. Here's some information that wasn't in the video, that would've been helpful to me: - you will need to purchase Pam's book, Art At the Speed of Life, if you want to know what you're supposed to do at the end, to bind your journal. I didn't appreciate the extra expense (and since having a bound journal is the stated goal of the video, it seems like it should be included) but I really liked the book. - you'll see Pam demonstrate techniques on single pages that are cut apart...don't cut your pages apart - you'll want to color both sides of your big watercolor sheet that you're working on, so plan on drying time for one side before you can do the other. - the products that Pam uses we're VERY hard for me to find at Michaels and Joann's-- make your life easier and order online. All together, the products are very expensive...a pack of inkjet transparencies for transfers costs about $55. - Pam mixes her own recipes of paint/water/chemicals, but never shares how to do it. Plan to spend some time experimenting. (Posted on 1/10/2012)
- Art Journaling Fast and Easy: Unique Journal Pages One Step at a Time
- This video is a delight to watch and so full of inspiration - thank you Pam. I was really motivated to pick up the brushes and paints once I'd watched it and excited to begin. I have completed several small books based on Pam's techniques and everyone I have shown the pages to have commented on how great they are. New to art journaling I was wondering if it would be too much but the step by step approach helped me to relax me and took the fear out of creating new pages. The techniques are simple yet amazing and give good results. Unfortunately some of the products are not easily available in England but don't be put off. I will continue to use the techniques in different ways to help me branch out and experiment with other new products. One of the best videos I have downloaded and worth every penny. When is the next one coming? (Posted on 11/11/2011)
- Wonderful video on Art Journaling
- Pam Carriker's style of teaching is one that really works for me. She is positive and makes every step of art journaling look like one that I can accomplish right now--she takes the "scary" out of it. I found her transfer method to be amazing and so simple. I plan to incorporate that technique into my work immediately. I enjoyed the video from start to finish. I have also already recommended it to a friend. I feel that this video is one of the best from Interweave and I hope that there will be more from Pam. PS--I have really enjoyed her book too, "Art at the Speed of Life." (Posted on 6/26/2011)
- Art Journaling Fast & Easy: Unique Journal Pages One Step at a Time
- I ordered the download today, and am blown away. Pam Carriker is as awesome on video as she is in person. She is well organized, and gives wonderful information about how and why products work, beyond just technique. Her pace and tone are pleasant, and the whole thing is wonderfully done, with very inspiring, fun techniques and her beautiful style of work to boot. She introduces newer products, and makes you feel very comfortable about them, as well as shows unique ways she uses products that have been around awhile. I felt this was very worth the price paid, as it is jammed full of information! (Posted on 6/23/2011)
- Art Journaling Fast & Easy: Unique Journal Pages One Step At A Time
- Pam Carriker's teaching style really motivates me to try new things! I especially appreciate her emphasis on mining your OWN images to make unique pages.She is VERY organized, friendly, but not self-deprecating, and I like that. She makes it all very do-able, but limitless, at the same time. Everytime I watch a Pam Carriker download, I feel like I have made a leap forward with my own particular journaling style.Keep it coming! (Posted on 6/13/2011)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed. To access and save your download please follow these instructions:
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner on this website
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click “Welcome, (your name)!” in the upper right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on “My Downloadable Products” *If you have purchased an online course, click "My Courses"
- Underneath the Product title will be the download link, click the link to view the PDF or Video
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click “Save”
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org
Digital Courses and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner on this website.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click “Welcome, (your name)!” in the upper right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on “My Courses”
- Click the button to the right of the Product Title labeled "Go To Course”
- This will open the course and video platform and place you in the dashboard.
- Under My Courses or My Videos you should see your recent purchase.
- Click the Start Course or Start Video button to the right to access your product.