Art Journal Preparation Download
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
Why waste your time waiting for paint to dry? Work alongside mixed-media artist Pam Carriker as she teaches Kristy Conlin fun and easy techniques for using dry media in your art journals. Learn how to create with black and white charcoal, Conte crayons, and colorful PanPastels and move on to the next page without having to wait for journal page to dry. Plus, Pam will then teach you her best tips and tricks for sealing the pages so your work won’t smudge.
In Pam Carriker- Art Journal Preparation you will find:
- 10 techniques for working with dry media
- Tips for testing and selecting the correct grounds for different aesthetics
- Must-have tips for sealing and testing charcoal, PanPastels, Conte and more
- 94 minutes of workshop instruction and inspiration from Pam Carriker
Watch a preview now!
To get more from Pam Carriker, check out the other video resources in the series:
Pam Carriker- Art Journal Prompts
Pam Carriker- Color Page by Page
About the Artist
Pam Carriker is an artist, instructor and author of the books Art at the Speed of Life, Creating Art at the Speed of Life and Mixed Media Portraits with Pam Carriker. Born and raised in the Pacific Northwest, she now resides in the Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas area with her family. Pam has designed stencils for StencilGirl Products and rubber art stamps for Stampington & Company, as well as developed a line of signature mixed-media products for Derivan Matisse. Visit Pam at PamCarriker.com.
- Baby wipes
- Black permanent pen
- Charcoal pencils, white and black
- Collage material, stay neutral in color
- Conte Crayons, black and white or colors of your choosing
- Derivan Matisse Pam Carriker Mixed Media Adhesive
- Derivan Matisse Pam Carriker’s Matt Fluid Sheer Acrylic paints
- Gesso, clear, black, white
- Kneaded eraser
- Matisse Background Colors, gray and other neutrals
- Paint brushes
- PanPastels, one set containing hue, tint, tone, and shade, white and black
- Scraping tools
- Sofftools, palette knives and covers, small tool, wedges
- Soho Studio Wipes
- Sponges, daubers
- Spray fixative
- Stabilo Pencil
- Stencils, background designs-StencilGirl Products
- Water container
Optional: Use Face Map Stencils by StencilGirl Products if you want to practice techniques without drawing a face free hand
Special thanks to Jerry's Artarama for sponsoring this video.
|Product Type||Video Download|
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.