Art Journal Mark Making: Throwing Ink with Dina Wakley and Amy Jones
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
Join mixed media artist and expert Dina Wakley in an exciting video exploration mixed media mark making!
You’ll Love This Video If:
- You enjoy Dina Wakley's art & teaching
- You want to start incorporating handmade marks into your art
- You are always on the lookout for new art journaling techniques
If you enjoy mark making on paper with ink, this video workshop will teach you how to take you mark making to the next level! If you've ever enjoyed playing with ink on paper but then wondered, What now? this video workshop is for you! With Art Journal Mark Making: Throwing Ink, Dina Wakley teaches you what to do next and how to use ink to create unique art journal pages. Learn isolating and enhancement techniques to make the marks the center of attention, and learn how to incorporate the marks into a background full of depth and dimension.
In this video you’ll:
- Work with Dina to create 2 art journal pages
- Learn 15 mixed media techniques to use in art journals
- Create marks in color and black and white
Watch a preview of this video workshop now:
Don't miss the other video workshops in this series!
Art Journal Stencils and Masks with Dina Wakley and Amy Jones
Art Journal Color Courage with Dina Wakley and Amy Jones
Random objects from your home (ex. rubber band, steel wool, plastic fork, string, chopstick, etc.)
Watercolor paper, graph paper, art journal
Black Distress Paint
Stabilo All pencil
Fine liner paint bottles
NeoColor II crayons
Soft gel medium
Old book or music paper
Images for focal points
Detail waterbrush with black Sumi ink
About the Artist:
Dina Wakley is a mixed-media artist and teacher. She loves everything about art: creating it, thinking about it, looking at it and teaching it. She lives in sunny Arizona with her husband and three boys. Dina’s work has been published in many magazines and books. Dina is passionate about teaching art. She teaches both in-person and online workshops. She is a docent at the Phoenix Art Museum, where she gives tours to school groups and gets kids excited about art.
In partnership with Ranger Ink, Dina designed a line of mixed-media art supplies that includes acrylic paints, mediums, brushes, rubber stamps and stencils. Look for the Dina Wakley Media Line by Ranger at a store near you or online at rangerink.com. Dina loves hanging out with good friends, reading good books, cooking good food and traveling to good places. You can visit Dina at dinawakley.com.
|Product Type||Video Download|
|Author/Designer||Dina Wakley, Amy Jones|
- Fun Expressionism
The beauty of this video is not in the black organic marks or the colourful ink tossing finale; it is the joy that Dina and Amy have making it. So many art videos are stilted and contrived. Dina and Amy have a natural free flowing conversation while flicking, scratching, tearing and painting. I dare you to watch this video and not want to get some black ink and cloud dream on your own.
A truly fun piece. (Posted on 8/20/2015)
- Creative play for the Brave!
- In true Dina style, this class is one of my all time favorites!! Be prepared to play and create like no other ! (Posted on 3/11/2015)
- Be prepared to get excited
- I love the way Dina teaches these techniques. I can't wait to try these techniques out. For learning how to get your art to the next level, this is the class you have to see!! (Posted on 2/25/2015)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.