The Art Abandonment Project
You will love The Art Abandonment Project if:
- You want to learn about the Art Abandonment movement
- You want to create art without judgment
- You want to spread the joy of art to others
The Art Abandonment Project is art sharing at its sneakiest! Make art for the joy of creating it and leave it for an unsuspecting person to find. Whether it’s at a park bench, on public transportation, or left on the table at your local coffee shop, let go of your art and let the world discover it.
Learn how to become an art “abandoneer” and discover ideas for monthly art challenges. See photos of fellow abandoneers in action and gain inspiration for you own art abandonment. Discover that freeing nature of creating art and letting go. Make giving art an art form and spread a little joy and mystery around the world.
In The Art Abandonment Project you’ll find:
- 128 pages of photos and stories of the art abandonment movement
- The ins and outs of being an art abandoner
- Helpful encouragement to let go of your art
About the authors:
Michael deMeng is a Vancouver, British Columbia artist who travels the world teaching and creating mixed-media shrines and deMenged toys out of discarded detritus. He shows and exhibits his unique style of assemblage in galleries throughout the world. He has written two books relating to his craft and creative process: Secrets of Rusty Things and Dusty Diablos.
Andrea Matus deMeng is a visual artist living in Vancouver, British Columbia. You can often find her along with her very talented husband sketching and mulling over ideas at local coffee shops.
Andrea exhibits internationally as well as teaches her unique combination of painting, collage and sculpture. Not one to be afraid of color, Andrea’s work, projects and workshops all revolve around the fusion of pattern and design with vivid colors.
What’s So Important about Art Abandonment Anyway?
Where It All Began
How to Be an Abandoneer
Abandoneers in Action
Why We Love To Abandon Art
Abandonments of Other Sorts
Setting Art Free
About Michael and Andrea
|Number Of Pages||128|
|Author/Designer||Michael deMeng, Andrea Matus deMeng|
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.