Aristida Shawl Kit
Price as configured: $29.99 Regular Price: $35.50
Knit the beloved Aristida Shawl from Knitscene, now in a new yarn base from the Kangaroo Dyer! The yarn used in the original shawl came in smaller skeins, but this new luxurious wool-silk blend, with a 437-yard put-up, makes this pattern a one-skein knit. Simple knitted lace diamonds, clustered bobbles, and fringe combine with a subtle hand-dye in charcoal to make a unique accessory. This shawl is a quick and easy knit and the stitches fly off the needle in this delicious semi-solid silk blend.
The sample shown here took most of the one skein of yarn. Be careful with your gauge and yardage and you will have plenty of yarn to knit the shawl. You can also choose to skip a row of bobbles, if your gauge is eating up more yarn than expected.
Order your Interweave Favorites! The Aristida Shawl Kit today!
See what's inside the collection:
Aristida Shawl Knitting Pattern
Lace diamonds, clustered bobbles, and fringe combine with a subtle hand-dye to make an accessory worthy of a heroine.
- Finished Size: 56" wide and 28" deep, excluding fringe
- Yarn: PATTERN CALLS FOR: Valley Yarns Semi-Solid Hand Dyed Sock Yarn by the Kangaroo Dyer (100% merino; 382 yd [349 m]/100 g): hematite, 2 skeins Yarn distributed by WEBS
- Yarn Weight: #2 - Fine
- KIT CONTAINS YARN BELOW, which is enough to knit this shawl if you are careful with gauge and yarn waste
- Needles: Size 7 (4.5 mm): 32" circular (cir) needle
- Notions: Markers (m), Size H/8 (5 mm) crochet hook, Waste yarn, Yarn needle
- Gauge: 18 sts and 30 rows = 4" in St st, after blocking
- Originally Published: Knitscene Accessories 2012
Kangaroo Dyer Fingering Yarn
Kangaroo Dyer Fingering (50% superwash merino, 50% silk; 437 yd/100 g): hematite, 1 skein.
- Not enough yarn
- Would like a little more info
This looks like a beautiful shawl I would like to make but I'm confused about the yardage included. How does one 437 yard ball become enough to replace 2 382 yard balls (764 yards total)? Both reviewers said they didn't have enough yarn. Anyone make this successfully with the yarn provided?
The sample shown took most of the one skein of yarn. Be careful with your gauge and yardage and you will have plenty of yarn to knit the shawl. You can also choose to skip a row of bobbles, if your gauge is eating up more yarn than expected. (Posted on 7/20/2016)
- arista shawl kit
I so LOVE this yarn! I did not have enough to do the fringe either which is part of the charm of this pattern. Since the pattern calls for 2 skeins, I am not sure why they chose to only send one with the kit. I would have gladly paid more to have the second skein so I could make the shawl a little longer and included the fringe. I contacted F & W and they won't sell another skein and you can't find this color anywhere. I have looked at Kangaroo and WEBS and nothing. So I bought a second kit...and am making a VERY expensive shawl.
(Posted on 7/1/2016)
- Love the yarn - but
Ordered the kit and got it in a reasonable amount of time. Very easy pattern to follow. Being that it is a kit there was only enough yarn to knit the shawl, I was not able to do the fringe.
(Posted on 6/15/2016)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.