Argentium Sterling Silver Basic Kit
Discover advance wire-working techniques that use the special alloy Argentium Sterling Silver.
Explore the benefits of incorporating Argentium silver into your jewelry making projects. The highly-tarnish resistant alloy is ideal for jewelry pieces that are delicate and require precise techniques – and expert metalsmith Cynthia Eid gives you her insider tips for working with this metal. From soldering to fusing, creating granulated beads to fold-formed earrings, you’ll receive one specialty tool, the Radial Bristle, to help you achieve professional results.
See what's inside this collection:
How to Make Jewelry with Argentium Sterling Silver: Intro and Soldering with Cynthia Eid
Discover why Argentium silver is the perfect metal to use for crafting a beautiful pair of fold-formed earrings. Argentium silver has germanium added to silver and copper, which makes the alloy highly tarnish resistant. Expert Cynthia Eid teaches you how to anneal, texture, and solder with this unique metal and you’ll become more comfortable and confident adding this beautiful material to your jewelry making repertoire.
How to Make Jewelry with Argentium Sterling Silver: Basic Fusing and Granulation with Cynthia Eid
Argentium silver will become your new favorite material to work with as you create original designs. By learning how to apply granules to your pieces, you will be able to craft your jewelry in new and inventive ways. Cynthia’s techniques for annealing, quenching, fusing, and pickling allow you to work with Argentium silver to its highest potential. You will also learn two different methods for attaching metals suited for quick and easy project, or for the metalsmith/jeweler who wants to take their time and work with the silver.
How to Make Jewelry with Argentium Sterling Silver: Intermediate Fusing with Cynthia Eid
Join Cynthia in this intensive workshop and learn how to create light and airy jewelry like these earrings that are perfect for any occasion. Fusing wires can be easier and faster than soldering them, and because there is very little cleanup required with Argentium, you can devote your time to design. Learn how to flux and fuse without the mess, and bring together the delicate wires with precision. Explore the benefits of working with Argentium silver, and you will soon be incorporating it into future jewelry designs.
Radial Bristle Disc ¾"- 6 Micron (Peach)
To produce a uniform finish, use 3-6 discs per mandrel. Easy to control with flexibility, this tool finishes detailed and hard to reach areas. No chemicals or compounds required, this tool is ideal for delicate pieces.
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.