Aran Lace Knitting Video Download
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
With more drape and airiness than cables and more substance than lace alone, Aran Lace Knitting with Stephannie Tallent, combines two knitting traditions in a whole new way. From creating dramatic effects with different decreases to finessing yarnovers, this workshop will help you reach new knitting frontiers and create breathtaking knitwear.
Inspired by the work of Canadian designer Annie Maloney, Aran Lace Knitting with Stephannie Tallent, covers:
- Choosing fibers and yarns
- Reading charts
- An overview of stitch patterns
- Cabling without a cable needle
- Substituting cables
- Tips on blocking
Practice this creative combination technique by knitting the cowl included with this 79-minute workshop, available on DVD or as a digital download!
Order or Download Aran Lace Knitting with Stephannie Tallent today
|Product Type||Video Download|
|File/Trim Size||988 MB|
|File Type||PDF, MP4|
- Basically helpful but has some issues
- I discovered Annie Maloney's work about 6 months ago, so was excited to see the DVD, especially when the description mentioned "choosing fiber" and " doing yarnovers". At this point I have been through the first half of the DVD and feel a need to point out a few of issues. First of all, while Stephanie explains things well, she knits so fast you cannot see what she is doing. She shows how to place the yarn, then zips through the process. Secondly, in the discussion about yarns, the information is shallow at best when it comes to the type of fiber. I cannot wear wool but also love cables and Aran Lace; she makes no mention of alternative fibers to wool and wool blends. I understand the alternatives will not have the same effect, but a couple of samples would have helped - seeing how a "pro" does it. Finally, if you are a Continental knitter, forget any help on yarnovers except the bit about wanting size even. Continental knitters now represent close to 50% of the knitters in this country! Stephanie needs to both broaden and deepen some of her presentations. I would prefer to pay more and get more. I now wonder if the demos of actual stitches are going to be worth the money or if I should have spent the money on more practice yarn instead (I have 4 of Annie Maloney's books - worth the investment.) Thanks for trying, Stephanie and at least getting Aran Lace out to more public view - Annie really deserves the recognition you have given her! (Posted on 4/20/2015)
- Wonderful class, Stephannie!
- I have long been a fan of Annie Maloney's Aran Lace designs, but always felt a bit intimidated by them... Thanks to Stephannie's wonderful way of explaining, step by step, I'm ready to jump in, too. A wonderful class, that I thoroughly enjoyed watching! Thanks! (Posted on 1/17/2015)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
New subscribers, who wish to receive the current newsstand issue of a magazine, should purchase that issue individually as the subscription will start with the upcoming newsstand issue. Please note, the first issue of your subscription may take up to 4-6 weeks to arrive (international customers, please add an additional 2 weeks for shipping times).
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.