Answers to Questions About Old Jewelry
Add depth and layers to your base knowledge of jewelry
Did you know Answers to Questions About Old Jewelry has served as the most sought-after and authoritative reference about vintage jewelry for the past three decades? That speaks volumes about the timeless and respected nature of this insightful and inspiring book written by acclaimed jewelry expert C. Jeanenne Bell, G.G.
This eighth edition offers a plethora of historical information about the jewelry, and related social and fashion trends of the period from 1840 through 1950. Accompanying that information is nearly 1,000 high-quality color photographs and vetted values of varying types of jewelry.
Items of note in this edition:
- Easy-to-understand chapters, each addressing between 10 and 20 years of jewelry history and influence.
- Discussion of historic highlights (The Crystal Palace Expedition of 1853-54, The Centennial International Exposition 1874-75, Art Nouveau movement, among others) and their impact on jewelry design and popularity.
- Exploration of popular stones and materials used in jewelry of specific time periods.
- Photographs, descriptions and values for bracelets, brooches and pins, earrings, necklaces and pendants, rings, sets, and watches
- Review of popular categories of jewelry such as Bakelite, costume, ivory, Mexican and modernist.
Plus, this top-selling jewelry reference concludes with informative chapters that help you: Identify the type of metal used in a piece of jewelry, determine the authenticity of a piece, understand a bit more about the jewelry making process, and confirm the maker of a specific piece of jewelry.
About the author: C. Jeanenne Bell, G.G. brings more than 40 years of experience in all aspects of the antique, estate and collectible jewelry business. She is an avid collector and an active wholesaler and retailer. In addition to this book she’s authored several book, magazine articles and appeared in educational videos.
|Number Of Pages||400|
|File/Trim Size||8.2 x 1.1 x 10.9 inches|
|Author/Designer||C. Jeanenne Bell, G.G.|
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.