Adventures in Polygon Stitch
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
Join author, teacher, and beading artist Carol Huber Cypher for her web seminar dedicated to teaching the less well known African bead stitch: Polygon stitch.
Do you remember how exciting it was when you learned your first bead stitch? With Carol's expert guidance you'll fall in love with this beading technique in no time. Carol will share the knowledge, tips, and expert recommendations she has acquired over the past several years with you. Learn this intriguing stitch and share Carol's scope of possibilities. Explore techniques for going beyond a set number of sides to creating an oval rope, pods and organic shapes, creating an undulating rope, stitching baskets and flowers, and so much more based on the Polygon's thread-path.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
- Learn traditional Polygon Stitch using a dressed armature and Carol's alternative stitching tips.
- Discover the unique structure of the polygon stitch tubular beadwork.
- Learn how to modify the stitch to be three-, four-, and even five-sided!
- Discover how to adjust your stitch size for various results: lacy, solid, stiff, and supple.
- Create graphic designs such as dots, floral shapes, stripes, checkerboard, and crosses.
- Learn how to transition into other stitches.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Beadworkers seeking to round out their repertoire of beading stitches.
- Beadworkers focused on beaded ropes and necklaces.
- Beadworkers wanting to revitalize their creativity.
- Beadworkers looking for a versatile sculptural stitch, capable of range from stiff to supple.
- Beadworkers wanting to produce fine beaded chains using charlotte and Japanese size 15/0.
- Beadworkers wanting to produce gorgeous jewelry with larger sized beads ie 8/0 & 6/0.
- Beadworkers interested in creating out-of-the-ordinary designs.
- Beadworkers who want to stitch tubular ropes with edges.
- Beadworkers eager to explore a new dimension in bead-stitching.
- Beadworkers who sell their beadwork and are looking for quicker and easier stitches.
- Beadworkers who want to approach their beadwork with fresh new perspective
- Beadworkers wishing to capture that sense of adventure in exploring a new stitch.
- Beadworkers who want to feel the accomplishment of learning a new technique.
- Beadworkers looking for new ways to combine, create, and design with their stash.
- Beadworkers curious to know what makes Polygon stitch so different from every other one.
|Product Type||Video Download|
- Overall Very Good
I did enjoy the class, but would have preferred some video as some of what she said, didn't quite make sense.
I was suppose to get a free download of the class but when I received the link it didn't work. I did email in about it.
Will I take another online class...not sure at this time. (Posted on 9/29/2014)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.