Advanced Metal Clay Series: Faux Cloisonné Enameled Jewelry Using Art Clay Online Workshop with Jackie Truty
Create a feast for your eyes in this Online Workshop with Jackie Truty! You’ll learn how to use three types of metal clay and wet-packed enamels to create stunning, one-of-a-kind designs.
This product will be accessible from My Online Workshops located in My Account after purchase.
Follow along as Jackie Truty takes you through this fascinating and creative technique of faux cloisonné enameling on Art Clay Silver! Get ready to create one-of-a-kind designs as you learn to use three types of metal clay -- Art Clay Silver, Art Clay Paste Type, and the Silver Syringe. In this Online Workshop, you'll learn the unique features of enameling on metal clay including how to prep your enamels, apply and fire with a torch, and how to make your piece shine with important finishing touches. As an added bonus, you'll receive a materials list, Jackie's Top 5 tips for creating faux cloisonné enameled jewelry, a firing schedule, and a polishing guide.
Register today if you're fascinated by this unique technique of creating enameled, pure silver jewelry from metal clay!
- Jackie's Top 5 Tips
- Unique Features of Faux Cloisonné with Art Clay
- Tools and Materials
- Metal Clay Terms
Art Clay and Enameling
- Making the Base:
- Making the Flat Base
- Mastering the Syringe & Finishing Your Design
- Initial Firing & Tumbling
- Adding the Enamels
- Preparing the Enamels
- Cool vs. Warm Colors
- Applying the Enamels
- Enamel Lingo
- Finish Firing & Finishing
Online Workshop Includes
Discussion board & Gallery: The discussion board is a great way to interact with other users in the Online Workshop. It's an open forum for you to ask questions, share your thoughts, express your inspirations, and share images of your work.
Notes: This is a place for you to keep personal notes to help you with your work and the Online Workshop content. Only you will be able to see your notes.
Optional Quizzes: Short optional quizzes to test your knowledge as you progress through the lessons.
Video Lesson Run Time ≈ 110 minutes
About the Instructor
With over 30 years in the jewelry world, Art Clay Master Instructor Jackie Truty has been passionate about metal clay ever since she first laid eyes on it in 2000. In 2000, after watching a demo of Art Clay at the Glass Craft Expo in Las Vegas, she fell in love with the idea of being able to create truly unique pieces with metal clay. She immediately took introductory and certification Online Workshops in Art Clay through Art Clay USA and became a lapidary with the ability to cab her own stones. This led her even further into her niche as she became a Graduate Gemologist and taught heat treatment for stones on Jewelry Television. In 2001, Jackie became an educational director for Art Clay USA, teaching and certifying instructors. The following year, she purchased the US and Canadian distribution rights for Art Clay and opened Art Clay World, USA, in Oak Lawn, Illinois. She has also received certifications in Japan for New Mokume Gane and Quilling. In 2013, she became a certified Graduate Gemologist with the Gemology Institute of America. With her husband acting as CFO and her daughter and son-in-law running operations and purchasing, Jackie's passion has turned into a way of life for her whole family. Jackie's books include Dichroics: Art Glass All Dressed Up, (2002), Art Clay Silver and Gold: 18 Projects to Make in One Day (2003), and Metal Clay: The Complete Guide (2005). She has taught across the globe, from Milan to Montreal to Johannesburg. To learn more about Jackie and her work, check out her website at www.ArtClayWorld.com.
|Product Type||Online Workshop|
|Technique||Clay, Enameling, Jewelry, Metal Clay|
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.