Create impressive acrylic paintings with the step-by-step instruction in Acrylic Revolution. With these exercises you'll quickly master basic & more advanced acrylic painting techniques & tutorials.
You’ll Love This Acrylic Painting Book If:
- You love trying new approaches using acrylic paints
- You want to try acrylic techniques that go beyond the basic
- You love combining acrylic painting with other medium
Create impressive acrylic paintings with the step-by-step instruction in Acrylic Revolution. With these exercises you'll quickly master acrylic painting basics & more advanced acrylic painting techniques & tutorials. 101 acrylic painting tricks are featured in these instructional pages. Each trick is accompanied by a demonstration clearly explaining how you can achieve the same effects. Learn how to paint with acrylics from expert artist Nancy Reyner.
Art students, crafters, weekend painters and professional artists will all find something new to learn in Acrylic Revolution. After you've mastered all the featured acrylic painting techniques you'll see how they can be combined in order to create revolutionary pieces. A gallery of finished works show you how to paint with acrylics in new and exciting ways.
In Acrylic Revolution You'll Learn:
- How to use different tools such as sponges, string, palette knives and much more to create different acrylic effects
- Tips and techniques for surface treatments and spatial effects
- How to stencil, transfer, collage & other techniques for painting with acrylics
- How to create textures using plastic wrap, petroleum jelly, alcohol dissolve & other techniques
Check Out This Excerpt From Acrylic Revolutions:
Acrylic appears lighter in color when wet. The acrylic binder is naturally white when wet, but dries clear and glossy. With acrylic paints, the color will appear lighter when wet but will go to its natural color when dry. The more mediums and gels you add to a paint color, the great the difference between this lighter version when wet and its natural color when dry.
Acrylic is naturally glossy. Matte products such as matte mediums, matte gels and matte varnishes have matting agent (a fine white powder) added to them to create their characteristic appearance. This matting agent will slightly cloud and lighten colors underneath. The thicker the application of a matte product, the more this cloudy and lightening effect will be apparent. Techniques 31, 42 and 92 describe methods that use matte products to create interesting effects. Acrylic products labeled semigloss or satin have matting agent in them as well, just less in proportion to a matte product.
What Our Editor's Are Saying:
"I use acrylics almost exclusively. I received this book as a Christmas gift and found it to be most informative. There were a number of new ideas and an abundance of reminders of techniques used previously. I recommend it for all artists especially for those who might be toying with using acrylics." — Allison M. Haden, Online Content Development Manager "“ Fine Art
"When Nancy Reyner and I were developing a book on acrylic painting, we wanted to create something that encompassed the scope of acrylic painting and how versatile this paint has become. The resulting book, Acrylic Revolution, contains 101 different techniques broken down into easy steps that will enhance any acrylic artist's process. There is something in this book for every artist, a veritable handbook of modern acrylic techniques." — Jamie Markle, Publisher, North Light Books
What Other Artist's Are Saying:
"Nancy Reynor shares proven tips and techniques for acrylic painting projects along with step-by-step demonstrations in this comprehensive, classic text." — Carolyn Tardy
|Number Of Pages||128|
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.