Acrylic Painting Workshop: Raw Canvas Staining Download
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
Create velvet-like textures in your art when you learn how to paint and stain on unprimed canvas! In Acrylic Painting Workshop: Raw Canvas Staining, Nathalie Kalbach teaches you, and student Kristy Conlin, how to paint and stain on raw canvas in multiple ways. Create modern, abstract art by pouring acrylic ink and paint mixtures directly onto the canvas for an organic look, or guide the ink and paint using paintbrushes. Once you’ve mastered those techniques, move on to using stamps, stencils and acrylic paint markers to create more defined images. Finally, learn to use crayon wax and encaustic wax for two styles of batik-type art. As you experiment with staining raw canvas, Nathalie will also give you ample ideas for future raw canvas staining projects.
This video includes:
- 17 techniques for raw canvas staining
- Ideas for staining raw canvas tote bags, aprons, pillows, journal covers and more
- 110 minutes of premier workshop instruction
Watch a preview of this video now!
- Unprimed raw canvas roll
- Unprimed raw stretched canvas, size of your choosing
- Liquitex Acrylic Fine Markers, white plus assorted colors
- Liquitex Acrylic Inks, Nat uses Naphthol Crimson, Prussian Blue Hue, Dioxazine Purple, Vivid Lime Green, Cadmium Yellow Light Hue, Carbon Black, Titanium White, Neutral Gray, Phthalo Green (Blue Shade), Quinacridone Magenta
- Liquitex Flow Aid Medium
- Liquitex soft body acrylic paints, Nat uses Colbalt Teal, Brilliant Blue, Payne’s Grey, Vivid Red Orange, Mars Black
- Bamboo sketching pen
- Chip brush exclusively for wax use
- Clear beeswax pellets
- Cosmetic sponges
- Crayola Crayon, large white
- Large water mister with measurements
- Liquitex Basic Fan brush no. 9
- Liquitex Freestyle paintbrush no. 12 bright
- Liquitex Freestyle paintbrush no. 2 bright
- Liquitex Freestyle paintbrush no. 2 round
- Liquitex Freestyle paintbrush no. 8 round
- Liquitex Freestyle paintbrush paddle 3”
- Liquitex Freestyle Splatter Tool, round
- Liquitex Marker replacement nibs
- Newspaper or brown craft paper
- Non-stick craft mat
- Paper towels or rag
- Ranger melting pot
- Several clear plastic cups
- Skewers or palette knife
- Stampendous Mark Maker Stamp set: Kaffee Klatsch
- StencilGirl Products stencils: Batik, Elephant, Oldtimer, Typewriter, What’s the Point
- Travel iron exclusively for art
- Water jar
About the Artist
Nathalie Kalbach is a self-taught mixed-media artist born in Germany, now residing in Jersey City, New Jersey. Nathalie worked as a paralegal for seventeen years, and might have remained in the wrong profession had she not discovered mixed-media painting in 2004. She has designed stencils for StencilGirl Products and stamps and templates for Stampendous. Nathalie teaches in-person and online workshops and is a faculty member of the Mixed Media division at Pratt Institute SCPS. For Nathalie, creating art is a dialogue between her skills and the supplies she uses, and she loves exploring new and old ways to apply paint and colors to her artwork. You can visit Nathalie at her website, NathaliesStudio.com.
|Product Type||Video Download|
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.