Accordion Knitted Scarf Kit
Price as configured: $49.99
Knit a delicate and sophisticated lace scarf unlike any other!
Knitted so delicate it can be pulled through a wedding ring. Now available as a kit, knit the elegant traditional Russian Orenburg scarf designed by Galina A. Khmeleva from PieceWork magazine. With this kit you will receive the full digital issue of the lace-packed PieceWork May/June 2012, with the Accordion Knitted Scarf pattern inside. Plus, you'll get 3 skeins of beautifully hand-dyed Mongolian cashmere yarn!
Included in this kit:
PieceWork May/June 2012
Discover an issue laden with historical lace techniques from Irish, German, English and Russian traditions.
Here are just a few of the intriguing people you’ll meet in this issue: Margarete Naumann, born in Germany in 1881, spent her life designing and promoting her remarkable hand-knotted lace that she named Margaretenspitze (Margarete’s lace); Sir Henry Borlase established a bobbin-lacemaking school for young girls in 1626 in Buckinghamshire, England; Tessie Leonard, who at eighty-nine still crochets by the window every day, remembers as a child making the clock embellishment in the water-lily motifs that her family worked in Clones Irish Crochet and so many more!
It’s all lace; it’s all beautiful—enjoy!
Accordion Knitted Scarf
by Galina A. Khmeleva
Learn traditional Orenburg knitting, a style that originated in Russia, from the experienced Galina A. Khmeleva.
Enjoy working with 100 percent cashmere yarn to establish a monochromatic motif that highlights the stunning symmetry.
The pattern is knitted on both sides, resulting in a checkerboard motif that creates the effect of sun shining through a window with a lace curtain.
- Finished size: 12 inches (30.5 cm) wide and 77 inches (195.6 cm) long
- Gauge: 28 sts and 32 rows = 4 inches (10.2 cm) in blocked main body st patt
3 skeins of luxurious 2-ply, hand-dyed cashmere yarn in Seeing Red, from Jade Sapphire:
Enjoy knitting with hand dyed luxurious cashmere 2-ply yarn from Jade Sapphire in their #201 Seeing Red colorway. This kit contains enough yarn to knit the Accordion Lace Scarf from PieceWork.
*Colors may vary from what is pictured here.
Order the Accordion Knitted Scarf Kit today!
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.