The Weaver's Book of 8-Shaft Patterns
Are you an 8-shaft weaver pressed for time? Or a 4-shaft weaver with more shafts on your loom gathering dust? If so, you'll love these loom weaving patterns.
Are you an 8-shaft weaver pressed for time? Or a 4-shaft weaver with more shafts on your loom gathering dust?
Whether you want to get a project off to a fast start or to experiment with confidence, let A Weaver's Book of 8-Shaft Patterns be your guide. It's a recipe book containing almost 1,000 weaving patterns on more than 25 different weave structures.
|Number Of Pages||240|
- I Love It
- I love this book. It has all the essential information I need to use my 8 shaft loom. The pictures are black and white but they are easy to see and give me an example to look at. I keep picking it up and seeing the patterns and the relationships between tie ups, teadlings and threadings. So much makes sense now. (Posted on 8/12/2016)
- Worthwhile addition to any weaver's bookshelf
- Good base to work from (Posted on 6/30/2016)
- fantastic complex weaving
Well worth the money. Just about every pattern is in this book. Wonderful source of exercise . There are some drafts with 12 and 16 treadles. Selections of patterns from many other books and weavers.
not a recipe book. All yarn, color and sett are up to you. A must have. (Posted on 12/14/2015)
- A great gift
I have owned and used this book for years. If I am at a loss for ideas what structure to pick for my next project, leafing through Strickler always inspires. This is a book I always take with me on my several annual vidits to my holiday home where my largest loom resides. A must, and the first one to go into the bag when I pack.
For this and many other reasons I have used this for gifts for new weaving friends who were not familiar with it. And I have just done so again. I'll never tire of it. (Posted on 8/8/2015)
- "A manual of 8 shaft weaves"
I agree too, it's a must. It is black and white book which disappointed me at the beginning but then again it's a kick to my imagination.
Has a small introduction about each structure and lots of patterns. Great source of exercise and inspiration.
There are some drafts with 12 and 16 treadles and all patterns are loom controlled.
It's actually a selection of patterns from many other books and weavers.
It's not a recipy book since yarn, color and sett are up to you.
I recently got an eight shaft loom and this is a guide of what my loom can do.
I'm happy I bought it! (Posted on 6/22/2014)
- A Weaver's Book of 8-Shaft Patterns
- This book is a must. It is a Weaver's Bible. ALMOST ever pattern is in the book. (Posted on 11/15/2011)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.