A Spinner's Compass: How to Measure Your Yarn with Jillian Moreno
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
A Spinner’s Compass: How to Measure Your Yarn with Jillian Moreno
On-demand Web Seminar
Join Jillian Moreno as she discusses the tools used in measuring to make a more consistent handspun yarn in this On-demand Web Seminar.
Measuring isn’t one of the sexiest things about spinning, but it can point you in the direction to make exactly the yarn you want. From skein to skein and throughout a whole project, your yarns will be more consistent if you take the time to measure correctly. This webinar will give you the facts about how to measure, when to measure and why to measure, as well as the definitions of WPI, TPI, and YPP and what they mean to your spinning and knitting.
Jillian Moreno used to be a spinner who never measured her yarn. She also spun yarns that started out as worsted and ended up DK and never matched from bobbin to bobbin. Learning to measure her yarn was one of her ‘a-ha’ spinning moments. Step by step, she’ll teach you how to avoid her mistakes and what tools to use.She’ll show you examples of how measuring helps make a more consistent yarn and helps to match already spun yarns, both handspun and commercial. She’ll also show you the ways that mis-measuring can lie to you about your yarn. She’ll show you what you need for a measuring kit and provide a form for you to keep track of your yarn measurements. After this web seminar you will never spin the same way again!
What You’ll Learn:
- How to measure your handspun yarn
- How measuring benefits your spinning, yarn and project
- When to measure your yarn
- What all of those measuring abbreviations mean
- How to adjust your spinning to change your yarn’s measurements
- How to spin a more consistent yarn
- What measuring tools you need
- What measurements you need to match a commercial yarn
Who Should Attend:
- Spinners who want to learn to measure their yarn
- Spinners who want to spin a more consistent yarn
- Spinners who want to spin yarn for a knitting patterns that call for commercial yarns
- Spinners who want more control over their yarn
- Spinners who want to know more about the yarns they spin
- Spinners who knit with their yarns
Each registration comes with access to the archived version of the event as well as any handouts referenced during the presentation. You do not have to attend the live event to get the recording of the presentation or the handouts. In all Weaving Today web seminars, no question goes unanswered. Attendees have the ability to chat with the instructor during the live event and ask questions. You will receive a copy of the web seminar presentation in an email that goes out one week after the live event. The answers to questions not covered in the live presentation will be included in this email as well.
Jillian Moreno is passionate about handspun yarn. She is perpetually curious and loves to inspire other spinners to think a little differently. She is the Editor of Knittyspin, the spinning little sister of Knitty.com. She is a regular contributor to PLY Magazine and Spin Off Magazine. She has two spinning videos coming out from Interweave this summer. She is currently working on a spinning book to be published by Storey Publishing. Keep track of all of her crafty and other pursuits at www.jillianmoreno.com!
Download your copy of A Spinner’s Compass: How to Measure Your Yarn today!
|Product Type||Video Download|
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.