A Knitting Wrapsody Innovative Designs to Wrap Drape and Tie + DVD
Designer Kristin Omdahl is one of the most innovative designers working today, and in this collection, she showcases her signature motif designs and experimental construction in 18 original patterns--five scarves, six wraps, five shawls, and two skirts--that provide new ways to think about knitting pieces that wrap, drape, or tie.
Unlike other wrap books, this collection offers some ingenious ways for wrapping your knitting, whether around the neck, shoulders, or waist. The designs for these garments are just what knitters are hungry for--inspirational, creative patterns that advance skills, explore shape and silhouette, and are beautiful to wear year-round.
All of the garments incorporate interesting elements, from reversible stitch patterns and unique knitted edgings to interesting closures. Each project is knitted, but much of the aesthetic draws inspiration from the geometry, motifs, and techniques of crochet.
Some of the techniques are quite unusual and readers will benefit from watching the enclosed DVD to see some of them demonstrated before casting on for a project.
With her passionate attention to stitch detail and one-of-a-kind motif designs, Kristin offers a wide range of projects in A Knitting Wrapsody for a variety of skill levels and time commitments. Expand your wardrobe with bold, stylish shapes and add form-flattering pieces perfect for layering.
I Do Diamond Lace Scarf
Nerina Ruched and Ruffled Scarf
Lucky Clover Reversible Scarf with Four-Petal Cutouts
Melange Crochet-Look Scarf
Echo Reversible Drop-Stitch Mobius
Anouk Leather-Laced Raglan Cape
Sand Dollar Belted Lace Cape
Infinity Cardi-Wrap with Sleeves
Tree of Life Embroidered Ruana
Rings of Cables Oval Shrug
Summit American Yak Wrap
Lelani Flower Motif Shawl
Serpentine Reversible Shawlette
Tama Bead-Trimmed Seashell Shawlette
Warrior Wings Cinched-Edge Shawl
Tide Pool Spiral Lace Shawl
Flamenco Ruffled Drawstring Skirt
Arcelia Gypsy Wrap Skirt
|Number Of Pages||136|
- Waste of Money
- Had I been able to see pictures of the projects in this book I would never have purchased it--there is nothing in here that I would make or wear and I think most of the designs are a little too far out. Since I bought this book on sale, it would have cost more in postage than the book cost to send it back, so I gave it away. Don't waste your money. (Posted on 7/12/2014)
- A Knitting Wrapsody has me hooked. There are so many beautiful things to make, and new things to learn. I made the Tama Bead-Trimmed Seashell Shawlette for my step-mother for her birthday, and she loved it. This was my first beading project, but the directions for the beading and the knitting were very easy to follow. The dvd was very helpful at one point in the process too. I have plans for almost every project in the book. Well worth the money spent. (Posted on 3/11/2012)
- A knitting wrapsody
- I love the designs and the photos in this book. I have learned new techniques watching the dvd. Even though I have not yet knitted any of the wraps from the book, I have used several of the edgings described and explained. (Posted on 10/5/2011)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.