A Knitter's Guide to Color with Laura Bryant DVD
Bring excitement to your knitwear with COLOR! With the help of color expert and knitwear designer Laura Bryant, you'll learn about color from an artist's perspective and begin a journey that will open your eyes and enrich your knitting.
With A Knitter's Guide to Color with Laura Bryant, color effects are presented in tangible and visual terms that illustrate how colors behave and our perceptions of them. With Laura's help, you'll train your eye to develop your own sensibilities. A new way of sorting color and seeing relationships becomes the basis for exploring color through several simple, yet clever, knitting techniques.
With A Knitter's Guide to Color with Laura Bryant, you'll learn:
- How to make color stories with a knowledge of color values and weights
- How to recognize color relationships and interactions
- How to design your knitwear using color for more visual impact
- And more!
Explore Laura's favorite axiom: You don't get WOW by doing the expected!
Plus, A Knitter's Guide to Color with Laura Bryant includes an explanation of the Fibonacci number sequence related to color and a free pattern for the shawl shown on this video.
- Look at color in a whole different way!
- The only thing I can add to the previous reviews is: "DITTO!" I was sure I had enough knowledge to be able to put colors together in a pleasing manner. I still learned a lot from this DVD! One of these days I want to meet and learn from Laura Bryant in person! If you are unsure about putting colors together in any medium, you need this DVD! Even if you think you have enough knowledge about color, I highly recommend this DVD. If you are buying a download, I recommend getting the HD. I bought the regular download, and although I am very pleased with my purchase, I wish I had gotten the HD version for just a better quality video. (Posted on 1/20/2012)
- Excellent video, it's like taking a master class in color theory and analysis
- Laura Bryant's DVD on color in fiber is astonishingly excellent. I would have happily paid two or three times the price of this video for this information. I learned more from her than I ever did in fine arts classes. Laura's presentation of the material is extremely well organized and she has that magical teaching ability to take more complex color principles and teach them simply with tons of great examples for each topic. I highly recommend this video. I know it has changed how I will approach color in all of my fiber work, and I am greatly inspired to play with colors in new and exciting ways with a strong sense of confidence. (Posted on 6/15/2011)
- Laura is the Color Guru of the fiber world! She illuminates the subject of color in a way that is unique and memorable!
- EXCEPTIONAL color resource tool, ELOQUENTLY presented, with EXACTING language makes Laura Bryant's new DVD a must-have for any artist at any level! Amplified by her exacting language, systematic formula-based approach to color, Laura illuminates the color discussion in a practical, clear, and easy-to-apply method. Complete with a fascinating and original examination of color relationships, Laura will guide your color endeavors in order to take your projects from "crafty" to "professional". It is the "WOW" factor you have been longing for! If you have never experienced the luxury, style, and professionalism of one of Laura's workshops, after viewing this DVD you will never miss a future opportunity to participate in one. If you have had the privilege of seeing Laura in person, you will revel in the opportunity to recapture those magical moments and the extraordinary detail that she always packs into every workshop over and over with the DVD. Ever wonder why your completed knit object doesn't garner compliments everywhere you go? or, you are disappointed because the completed item didn't give the finished result you had hoped for? and, worse yet, you have an array of hand-crafted items just like it and can't seem to put your finger on WHY you never get it quite right? GET THIS DVD!! No discussion on color/color wheels will clear the fog like Laura can!! Additionally, the DVD is a VISUAL DELIGHT with color that explodes from every example of her stunning hand-dyed Prism yarn and knitted garments. Treat yourself to the DVD and the yarn!! Your colorful fiber world will never be the same again!! (Posted on 5/23/2011)
- All Fiberholics need to watch this video!
- A Knitter's Guide to Color with Laura Bryant is excellent. Laura does such a great job of teaching color theory. After watching this video I have a completely new perspective on how to use color in my knitting. I highly recommend this video not only for knitters but for all of the fiber arts. (Posted on 5/16/2011)
- Totally worth getting
- I have always said that I don't know a thing about color and how pleasing it can be. I learned so many things from Laura Bryant's color teaching and advice. I was completely charmed and came out with more usable knowledge than I thought I would get. Thank you, I was obviously delighted. (Posted on 3/30/2011)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.