A Fiber Artist's Guide to Color DVD
Not just another re-hash of the color wheel, The Fiber Artist's Guide to Color brings a few basic concepts to life in a way that can change how you see. You'll be pulling your stash off the shelf, making "rivers" of color from light to heavy, creating color wraps that really work, and learning to manage color juxtapositions that will take your work beyond the ordinary.
- Weave drawdowns that go from ho-hum to WOW with a few simple color changes
- Variegated yarns that really work--and ones that don't
- The Fibonacci series brought to life (and how it applies to the sex life of bees)
- Woven scarves, jackets, and complete ensembles with colors to die for
- And so much more
A new way of sorting color and seeing relationships becomes the basis for exploring color through several simple, yet clever, techniques. As Laura likes to say, "You don't get WOW from doing the expected!"
This dvd was fascinating. I was surprised at my biggest aha: I really don't know what color is about!
She very clearly, exactly, logically, explains about color and their relationships to make it much easier choosing colors to weave with. This absolutely opened my eyes to a new world/way of "seeing" color. I highly recommend this dvd.
Informative, practical, mind-expanding, entertaining, fun! (Posted on 7/10/2014)
- I was afraid to used color , now it is different ! (Posted on 5/20/2014)
- wonderful DVD makes color work easy
- I used to be afraid to use different colors in my weaving and the items I wove we're just OK. Then I got "The Fiber Artist's Guide to Color" DVD and it opened my eyes to many possibilities. It was truly wonderful. It delineated how to go about choosing colors so that my weaving POPS! This DVD, in addition to Deb Menz's "Color Works for Spinners" has really helped me put good color in all I do. Thank you Laura and Deb! (Posted on 1/31/2014)
- Learnt so much!
The first piece of weaving I did , I really wanted to get the colour arrangement right. But I was a bit clueless. This dvd has given me the knowledge that will make my next piece of weaving , colour confident.
I enjoyed this presentation very much. Laura is easy to follow. she doesn't waffle. She makes her points well.
My artist husband loved it too. I will be watching this again and will require my girls to watch it as part of their homeschooling.
Glad I bought this dvd. Thank you Laura and thank you, Interweave! (Posted on 11/10/2013)
- A Fiber Artist's Guide to Color
- A new and interesting way to look at color and color combinations! Forget the color wheel! (Posted on 10/5/2011)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.