A Closer Look with Rita Buchanan eBook
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
- Rita's teaching
Rita's teaching is wonderful and witty and wise... BUT, Interweave is none of these for charging a MUCH-TOO-HIGH price for one 20+page eBook...
if all three were put together, then perhaps the $15 would be ok for a download to read on the computer and review.
i agree with most of the other reviewers... it's WAY overpriced for my budget, but i'd love a more reasonably priced edition... eBook or print.
come-on, Interweave... reconsider! there's a whole new generation of us new spinners out here, who could use the information she presents, but you have made it unavailable to many of us. (Posted on 3/31/2014)
- Expert Advice at a Premium Price; Shop Around for Better Deal
- I agree about the high cost even if the material is out-of-print. It seems as if each topic or chapter is being considered a book yet it is priced as if it were a complete volume. I am not sure why the development is so time-consuming if the articles are already written and conversion to a pdf file (having published a quarterly company newsletter) is software driven. That leaves clip art, formatting and rewriting, along with decision making. Apparently this process is inefficient....and I''d rather have a better value than some of the bells and whistles. While the advice is expert, there are many other more economical choices where multiple topics are covered within one edition. To use this expert advice and buy muliple volumes, I would have to pay 3 or 4 times more than other publications. I will continue to track down old issues by borrowing, begging or bidding. Even second hand on ebay is more reasonable most of the time. (Posted on 6/14/2010)
- Way overpriced
- I would have ordered this ebook for its content, but not at this outrageous price. Look at Amazon's ebook prices for a clue, and many of those are hundreds of pages long. It''s a real shame for your authors, because their work will never be seen by anyone who knows reasonable pricing for paper books, never mind ebooks, which have no printing or retailing costs. I hope your authors consider going to another publisher and making this content available in another form (and reformatted, of course). Lots of people would buy the books, but I sure hope that they won''t be boondoggled by your pricing practices. Your print books are overpriced enough, but these are outrageous. **** Interweave Comment: Thank you for your comment. All constructive feedback is important for us. This unique content has a tremendous value to the reader and the development is extremely time consuming. Many of the featured articles are from out-of-print issues of Spin-Off magazine and no longer available in that form. We are confident that you (Posted on 3/25/2010)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.