2014 Lapidary Journal Jewelry Artist Collection on CD
You'll love this if:
- You're on the hunt for important industry trends, jewelry tools, and techniques.
- You want to learn lapidary information for selecting the right gemstone and cutting your own cabochons.
- You want to advance your metalsmithing skills with clear technique and demo directions.
Uncover all the techniques, gemstone recommendations, and technique-packed projects from 2014 in this all-inclusive collection. The 2014 Lapidary Journal Jewelry Artist Collection CD features every Cool Tools & Hip Tips article from 2014 written by Helen I. Driggs, featuring the jewelry tools you won't want to be without! And if you want to boost your jewelry business, receive information for navigating from Cathleen McCarthy in Net Profits.
Discover all the information you'll get in this single collection CD:
January/February: The annual gemstone issue is filled with the latest and greatest lapidary information metalsmithing techniques, and jewelry tool information. Explore the carved gemstone trend, get an exclusive look at the new gemstone Jessite, and much more. Plus explore different setting techniques from favorite artists Bill Fretz, Lexi Erickson, and John F. Heusler, G.G.
March: Discover the technique focused jewelry projects, must-know information, and featured industry trends. Master the ancient Korean art of keum boo as you travel to the country of origin and see how it is still being used today, learn how to add the technique to your projects with an in-depth demo, and explore the possibilities with a stunning earring project.
April: Explore how metalsmiths are adding black patina to their jewelry, then learn tips for adding the black patina color to your jewelry designs using liver of sulfur. Next, uncover a low-cost metal alternative to silver -- pewter! Plus, learn how to cast it, and uncover 36 wax working tips that will make your models for casting ideal.
May/June: Feast your eyes on must-have jewelry tools you won't want to be without, such as new Fretz's hammers, stone cutting equipment, enameling supplies and more!
July: Learn how to create a 3D effect in silver and copper metal clays when you create a shadowbox pendant.Make a barrette that gets its form from a mythological character. Mix metals, textures, and stones for decadently designed projects.
August: Have you ever heard of "Bumblebee jasper"? Learn all about this stone with its intense color variation in psychedelic patterns. Don't stop there! Find the right saw for your needs and improve your technique and test your metalsmithing skills with three different jewelry projects that include creating custom bezels, metal stamping, and riveting.
September/October: Make a bright bangle and stackable rings in a rainbow of colors with unique metal accents. Make a stunning agate pendant with a tube-set diamond accent from start to finish. Plus, fabricate your own archer's thumb ring as you stamp, solder, and set to create this medieval form with modern flare.
November: Explore the annual tool issue filled with must-have information. Discover which tools a few of your favorite pros can't live without and why they love them. Find more tools for soldering, sawing, etching, and wirework.
December: Mix up your materials while tackling traditional metalsmithing techniques. Add alternative materials to your metalwork! If you're in a more traditional mind of frame, craft your own wedding band with instructions for a truly personal memento of love.
|Product Type||Magazine Collection|
- It is so handy and space saving to have this in digital form.
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.