200 Fair Isle Motifs A Knitter's Directory
The mysteries of Fair Isle knitting are revealed! 200 Fair Isle Motifs offers simple solutions to the seemingly complex technique of stranded colorwork. By using the easy-to-read charts, columns to illustrate color changes, and clear photographs of each sample swatch, you'll find yourself creating beautiful Fair Isle designs in no time. Mary Jane Mucklestone offers expert tips on choosing colors, helping you decide which colors to choose in any knitted colorwork design. Organized by row and stitch count, it's easy to find the perfect motif for a project.
Each swatch is accompanied by a large, detailed photograph of the knitted sample, a color guide to the yarns used, a traditional black and white chart for experienced knitters, and easy-to-read color-accurate chart for the swatch, and color variations.
Confidently infuse colorwork into your knitted creations with 200 Fair Isle Motifs.
|Number Of Pages||208|
|File/Trim Size||8.7 x 0.6 x 8.7 inches|
|Author/Designer||Mary Jane Mucklestone|
|Technique||Fair Isle, Stranded Colorwork|
- If you only buy one Fair Isle book for patterns this is it!
- I purchased both Alice Starmore's 'Book of Fair Isle Knitting' (an excellent book especially for the wonderful history and photos) and Mary Jane Mucklestone's '200 Fair Isle Motifs' which I do prefer for it's colour motifs and extensive glossaries for choosing types of yarns, colours and colour combinations! Love It! (Posted on 7/15/2015)
- I signed up for Jane's Crafty Class on a Fair Isle Vest. I was so impressed with her teaching. Jane mentioned in the class that she wrote a book with 200 Fair Isle patterns. The book was in the back of my mind for a couple of years. I really like how she writes the patterns and her simple style. I was pleasantly surprised how well written her book is. She has awakened my creativity to try a lot of her fairile patterns in this book. Thanks Jane the book is Stupendous. (Posted on 12/16/2013)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.