PieceWork 1999 Collection on CD
Enjoy all 6 issues of Piecework Magazine exactly as they were printed in 1999.
This CD is so slick! You get inspiration for knitting, crochet, quilting, embroidery and so much more right at your fingertips. You just pop in the CD and enjoy the ease of navigating through one year's worth of Piecework issues.
Discover the magazines as they were printed in 1999 with a time-saving electronic index. You can also search each issue by keywords of your choosing such as:
- Names of master needle-workers
- Specific or general techniques
- Favorite projects
- Products or equipment
- Challenges and results
This issue resonates with luxury and luxurious materials. You'll learn about early American silk patchwork quilts and William Morris. Embroider a William Morris-inspired pillow, knit silk mittens, or crochet a beaded bag.
Explore the history of needlework the women's suffrage movement. Meet Jennie Mae Olsen, a homesteader in turn-of-the-century North Dakota, and Susan B. Anthony, a suffragette who first publicly addressed women's suffrage at a quilting bee. Make a Mayan-style knotted friendship bracelet or a hexagon cradle quilt.
Discover nature motifs throughout time in this issue. Learn why Napoleon Bonaparte used bees as his motif and embroider a metallic bee ornament. Explore floral motifs in mid-nineteenth century needlework and bead embroider an eyeglasses case. There are also a vine and flower edging in filet crochet, embroidered and appliqued pillows, and a cameo floral baby afghan to knit.
In this patriotic issue, you'll meet former first lady Grace Coolidge. She used her needlework to help her through difficult times in her life. See examples of her work and filet crochet a Liberty Bell pillow based on one of Grace's designs. You'll also discover the bravery and dedication of Belgian lace-makers in World War I. Declare your patriotism with embroidered handkerchiefs and a stars-and-stripes sampler.
Celebrate household textiles, from wool whole-cloth quilts to tea cozies to pincushions. Reminisce about the hand-me-down needlework pieces in your family or start the tradition with the projects in this issue. Learn how to embroider monograms, work the Arraiolos stitch, crochet a granny-square pillow, and knit a Victorian tea cozy.
Needlework often had religious, ceremonial, and spiritual purposes. This issue explores that time-honored tradition through Estonian knitting, Doukhobors vests, Jewish head coverings, and Buddhist robes. Continue honoring these traditions by creating a quilted evening purse with a Doukhobor rose motif, knitting Estonian-inspired mittens, and crocheting a yarmulke.
|Product Type||Magazine Collection|
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.